Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whirring/squeaking/squealing Sound??

annie

HI!

There is a whirring, squeaking, squealing noise coming from, what sounds like, under the bonnet on the drivers side. Any one had this problem seems to have got worse in the warmer weather???

it could be from one of the bearings at the tensioner,more info on the car please mk2/mk3,tddi,tdci,petrol?

it could be from one of the bearings at the tensioner,more info on the car please mk2/mk3,tddi,tdci,petrol?

Hi, thanks for the reply, its an s reg tdi (i think??)

if its a 1.8 it could also be the cambelt tensioner or water pump bearing without inspection its hard to say.

• Like 1

if its a 1.8 it could also be the cambelt tensioner or water pump bearing without inspection its hard to say.

Ye its a 1.8, ive been told it could be either of those things thank you! at least i know where to start now. oh sorry going to pick your brains again, do you have any idea as to the cost to get either of these fixed?

Sounds like either a belt slipping (simple fix) or the water pump bearing has gone (simple but more expencive fix).

Sounds like either a belt slipping (simple fix) or the water pump bearing has gone (simple but more expencive fix).

Thank you for your help much appreciated!

• 12 years later...

hi all. I've mk5 2lt automatic. I've noticed a singular squeak once i press acceleration within few seconds after I start moving. It's only a single squeak and then I won't hear it until next time i start the car and take of

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club