Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Air Con

rlyncn53

Hi Newbie here

I have just purchases a 1.6 Zetec Climate (05), I have noticed when the air con is switch on there is a strange noise and sometime a strange smell, I dont use it that often and have never had air con before so am unsure if this is normal or is there a problem with the air con?

Any help would be much appreciated

What kind of noise?

The filter may need changing

It sounds like a high whirring noise, I dont notice it at high speed only at around 20-30mph.

Also I noticed this morning on my first full lock that the steering makes a high pitched noise. The warranty runs out in Nov will this be covered.

the whirring noise might be your cooling fans working which is normal when a/c is switched on as for the smell if the a/c hasent been used for some time it might need a cleaner through it. you can buy aerosols which sit inside the car and clean the a/c. the steering noise could be a loose belt slipping when the pump is under pressure or the pump itself squeeling pop into fords and get it checked before the warrenty runs out

the whirring noise might be your cooling fans working which is normal when a/c is switched on as for the smell if the a/c hasent been used for some time it might need a cleaner through it. you can buy aerosols which sit inside the car and clean the a/c. the steering noise could be a loose belt slipping when the pump is under pressure or the pump itself squeeling pop into fords and get it checked before the warrenty runs out

Cheers for that I will defo get Ford to look at it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club