Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 4.5 discussions

SausagMan

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

Ok, that might be something else then.

I just get rattles from the weather strips from bass. Worse in the cold, much better in summer months.

Sounds like some sort of loose wire. 

Summer months, hope we get them soon, this cold snap is doing my nut in now. 

27 minutes ago, SausagMan said:

Summer months, hope we get them soon, this cold snap is doing my nut in now

Be careful what you wish for, remember last year's heatwave, drought, water shortages . . . . :ohmy:

• Like 1

Just now, mjt said:

Be careful what you wish for, remember last year's heatwave, drought, water shortages . . . . :ohmy:

Lol, bring it on!!! 

Nothing back from the service center yet, I hope they enjoy their 14 mile test run though! 

1 hour ago, SausagMan said:

Nothing back from the service center yet, I hope they enjoy their 14 mile test run though! 

These green STs are getting too common.  Just got massively confused after seeing the crashed picture earlier. :laugh:

17 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

These green STs are getting too common.  Just got massively confused after seeing the crashed picture earlier. :laugh:

Someone has already binned their ST?

3 minutes ago, adam2231 said:

Someone has already binned their ST?

Not quite binned, but yes, @LukeJQuinn Green MK4.5 ST was hit in a carpark by a white 4.5 ST. :sad: 

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Not quite binned, but yes, @LukeJQuinn Green MK4.5 ST was hit in a carpark by a white 4.5 ST. :sad: 

2nd time I might add - It was hit 3 weeks earlier by an Enterprise van! Green is meant to be lucky no? 😂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Wow what are the odds that it would be by another 4.5 ST. I think the car is cursed legitimately 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/17/2023 at 3:20 PM, adam2231 said:

Wow what are the odds that it would be by another 4.5 ST. I think the car is cursed legitimately 

It's hard to disagree - but she is going nowhere. We've been through a lot in the short time I've owned her :) 

• Like 1

Mine had a rock thrown up at it from a lorry when it was 6 months old, skimmed the edge of the bonnet (fortunately I was able to polish it out) but cracked the windscreen, so that had to be replaced.

Also had about 3 punctures in the space of a few months not long after.

Had to get a front wheel hub replaced after breaking a stud.

All things I never had happen to any of my previous cars over the past 10 years (other than maybe 1 puncture).

Fortunately I let go of superstition, fate, etc a while ago, so once stuff was fixed, it hasn't affected by enjoyment of the car. It went all the way to the Atlantic Road in Norway and back last summer without issue. 🙂

• Like 2

So looks like I bought a Mk4.5 Focus without connectivity, so don't have remote start etc. Not a huge issue, but would have been a nice to have. Lack of live traffic isn't really an issue either as I can use CarPlay. I presume it's not something that can be added - guessing it needs a modem?

The car doesn't even have the ability to join a WiFi network. Is anyone able to confirm the car can still get Sync 4 updates over the air somehow? It shows as updated when I check it online so it must be doing something, I'm just hoping it's not masking it being on an old version as "up to date" because it can't get new versions.

Sync 4 should have a modem, that's how it gets OTA updates.

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

Sync 4 should have a modem, that's how it gets OTA updates.

Certainly begs the question whether ForScan could unlock the modem for "normal" owner usage? When I check the VIN against the Ford site here it just comes back and says "This vehicle does not have connectivity technology". 

I stupidly didn't keep a copy of the original advert so can't see if it was advertised as having the connected services.

Mine just did an OTA update to structure the system for a soon-to-follow upgrade package.

Apparently this includes an Alexa mode so I may be able to retire my Echo Auto kit at some point.

On 3/21/2023 at 11:23 AM, alexp999 said:

Mine had a rock thrown up at it from a lorry when it was 6 months old, skimmed the edge of the bonnet (fortunately I was able to polish it out) but cracked the windscreen, so that had to be replaced.

Also had about 3 punctures in the space of a few months not long after.

Had to get a front wheel hub replaced after breaking a stud.

All things I never had happen to any of my previous cars over the past 10 years (other than maybe 1 puncture).

Fortunately I let go of superstition, fate, etc a while ago, so once stuff was fixed, it hasn't affected by enjoyment of the car. It went all the way to the Atlantic Road in Norway and back last summer without issue. 🙂

I agree mate, everyone has been telling me to get rid simply because it 'must be cursed'. Utter S***. 

Firm believer cars have souls, and just because they've been through some tough times, they don't deserve to be put on the preverbal scrap heap. We've all been through stuff, and other people don't give up on us, so cars shouldn't be any different 😃

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if I have a front radar, or how to check? I would to add ACC to my ST-Line Vignale.

Also what else do I need to check/do to get this working?

TIA

If you don't have ACC you won't have the radar. They don't fit it for any other reason.

Thanks Alex.

Looks like I will need to find one to test drive then before I commit to one!

I like the idea of the auto having drove an a class the other day, and ACC as I test drove a manual golf lol - do the focus' still suffer the same TCM issues I see on a lot of FB forum posts?

• 3 months later...

Hi All

I was looking to trade my 64 plate Titanium X, for a newish Focus.

I missed a couple of high spec demonstraters, but was offered one at my local dealers, when I called into last week,  before it officially went on sale.

St X, 4.5 1l ecoboost 155, manual, in Magnetic with Panoramic roof, Parking pack, Driver assist, Matrix lights, Reg Feb 23. Pick up 1st Sept, looking forward to giving it a run out.

5 hours ago, Dixy said:

Hi All

I was looking to trade my 64 plate Titanium X, for a newish Focus.

I missed a couple of high spec demonstraters, but was offered one at my local dealers, when I called into last week,  before it officially went on sale.

St X, 4.5 1l ecoboost 155, manual, in Magnetic with Panoramic roof, Parking pack, Driver assist, Matrix lights, Reg Feb 23. Pick up 1st Sept, looking forward to giving it a run out.

Where’s your dealer?

I was trying to get a ST Line X with parking and driver assist packs and my dealer couldn’t find me one!

Also rang a few of the bigger dealer groups and still no luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I was just lucky, happened to call in at the right time. Probably helps being there, the 2 I missed out on were a distance away, so difficult to get there in a short time.

Best of luck finding what you want.

Am enjoying the car, just getting my head around the Sync 4 system coming from a Sync 2 car. Surprisingly there are a couple of features my old car had, which this one doesn't. But overall happy with it.