Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front wheel bearing ?

darren garbett

Just a quick one noticed last week or too  dull rumbling noise coming from the front end , doesn't seem to get any louder when you load either front wheel when cornering ,just a constant dull rumbling noise above 40 mph  ,wheel bearing ? drive shaft? or god forbid front differential. any one had issues with the front wheel bearings or drives shatfs etc. Its booked in garage 1st friday  of .new year

More than likely 1 or more tyres tread are abnormally worn . This can create a sound like a droning wheel bearing. Sometimes you can feel the irregular tread with the palm of your hand rubbing over the tread . Smooth in one direction and rough in the other direction. 

thanx i will check the tread ,like i said the noise as only recently started ,we had new tyres fit in the summer when car was serviced ,and not heard the noise before i will have a check the treads though thanx

please post what your findings are, I have similar noise recently

will do hopefully just a bearing and not a diff issue , happy new year to you and yours for 2023

turned out to be osf wheel bearing  had a bit of play in it  causing the rumbling noise , not so cheap to replace not much change out of £450 turns out the abs senor is part of the bearing assembly

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club