Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Mk Is My Fiesta

redboy

Hi, Im a newbie here and not that up on cars but i have a fiesta z-tec S year 2000 and was wondering what mk it is ?

Also ive had it off the road for about 3/4 years, I am putting it on the road in a couple of weeks so what kind of checks would be good to do ?

Im doing an oil change and coolant flush and would like to renew brake pads, how hard is this to do ?

Before i took it off the road i had a banging noise coming from the rear left suspension. it started just before i took it off the road when i pulled a caravan with it but has got worse since. i drove it down the street and back the other week and now its ratteling a little aswell. What would be best to check that could be causing this ?

Im also getting a cam belt changed got quoted £279

Any help would be great

Cheers :)

Your "MK" (Mark) is 4. The banging is probably the anti-roll bar linkage or could be track rod end perished after sitting that long. Brake pads will be fine unless their squealing. £279 for the cam belt is fantastic. The cheapest quote I've got so car for my MK4 1.25 is £317 with water pump change.

[quote name=jmurray01' date='27 July 2010 - 10:24 PM' timestamp='1280268873'

post='90247]

Your "MK" (Mark) is 4. The banging is probably the anti-roll bar linkage or could be track rod end perished after sitting that long. Brake pads will be fine unless their squealing. £279 for the cam belt is fantastic. The cheapest quote I've got so car for my MK4 1.25 is £317 with water pump change.

My pads aint been done since i bought the car new so i think they might need doing, do you think a novice would be able to change them ?

Im going to have to have a good look at the rear banging noise it started after going over a big hole with the caravan on the back. Would it pass an mot like that ? Dont think they drive the car on a mot.

My pads aint been done since i bought the car new so i think they might need doing, do you think a novice would be able to change them ?

Im going to have to have a good look at the rear banging noise it started after going over a big hole with the caravan on the back. Would it pass an mot like that ? Dont think they drive the car on a mot.

I think you should be more worried about whether the car is safe rather than it passing the MOT. Treat the car a full service. Have the brake fluid changed/flushed (it should be done every couple of years). There's no need to change the pads/shoes unless they're worn down (you can see this for youself with the pads, but checking shoes takes a bit more effort). All the hoses, wiring, etc needs thoroughly checking over, which the MOT won't do.

Your banging problem could be a whole range of things from a bent wheel, snapped spring or rusted through mounting, to a worn shock or perished bushing. Get it checked out properly.

I want to learn more about the car thats why id like to have a look myself, Obviously if i see something snapped or hanging off or play in something then ill see if i can do it if not then it will be a garage job.

the car has been standing for 3 years under cover so not much more will be wrong with it apart from that noise, ive started it up every weekend while its been off the road, started every time. the only thing i have noticed is the traction control and abs light stay on now so ill get the garage to look at that while they do the cam belt.

Ill look at doing the brake fluid while replacing pads, ive got my trusty haynes.

I want to learn more about the car thats why id like to have a look myself, Obviously if i see something snapped or hanging off or play in something then ill see if i can do it if not then it will be a garage job.

the car has been standing for 3 years under cover so not much more will be wrong with it apart from that noise, ive started it up every weekend while its been off the road, started every time. the only thing i have noticed is the traction control and abs light stay on now so ill get the garage to look at that while they do the cam belt.

Ill look at doing the brake fluid while replacing pads, ive got my trusty haynes.

if its been sitting all that time i would be filling it up with fresh fuel for a start.

what like are the brake discs? they must be quite rusty after such a long time.

ive turned it over nearly every week so ive put a few cans in over the years and i drove it forward and backwards on the drive and used the brake to keep the rust down on the disks.

I also rocked it side to side to give the suspension a bit of movment.

Its going to be good to get it back on the road, its a great little car.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club