Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water leak

Terry call

I have a slight water leak,on my 2008 fusion 1.6 petrol.It looks like it’s coming from the thermostat housing I believe,,it looks like a plastic type housing which is attached to the block,with the bottom and heater hoses attached to it..it looks dampish around the gasget,you can only see the housing from below under the alternator..it says in Haynes book,that to get access,the belts,right headlight,and alternator needs to be removed,,would this be correct.

5 minutes ago, Terry call said:

it says in Haynes book,that to get access,the belts,right headlight,and alternator needs to be removed,,would this be correct.

Yes.

22 minutes ago, unofix said:

Yes.

Before I endeavour on having this done,,is there a leak sealant you can recommend which would do the job without interfering with the rad or heating etc..it is only a very minor leak.

Once the plastic thermostat housings start to leak they fail quite quickly, so I'm afraid you will have to replace it.

• Like 1

Thank you,,looks like the replacing job is needed

• Like 1

Just found a video on u tube,,replacing this fitting without removing all the other parts,,it’s done mostly from the top..a bit fiddly but effective,,wondered if anybody has done it this way?

On 1/2/2023 at 8:42 PM, Terry call said: