Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise control

Swinter

Hi guys, I've brought a 2012 1.6 TDCI mk3 focus titanium x back in September last year. I can't get the cruise control to work. I've tried a few things already. I've replaced both clutch pedal switches and pulled out and checked various fuses, all seems ok. When the car is connected to a scanner it says it can't locate the cruise control module. I've searched online and can't find any information about a module. Is there a module or is it part of the main brain?  I don't know if it's linked to it but the auto stop start is permanently off, I don't know if its because the previous owner didn't put the correct battery on it when he replaced it. He told me the auto stop start was permanently disabled. I'm not bothered about the stop start working but would love to get the cruise control working. Other then replacing the steering wheel switch and the clock spring is there anything else it could be. Any suggestions would be great.

Steve

if someone's been in to a module playing to disable start stop (very good idea - its only there to destroy the engine), then you need to go see if thing like cruise are correctly enabled...

another good idea would be to check if it was built with cruise control from the factory - or if he started adding the column switches but enabling was beyond him...

I've done a spec check on my car reg and it's meant to have the cruise control. Does anyone know what part of the BCM the cruise control is.

Are you using FORScan to check the modules ?

Was the car originally built with cruise control ?

Mk3 Titanium & TX had cruise as standard.

You might be better off using FoCCCus for this.

Has it got the original cluster in or has it been upgraded to MK3.5 with the colour screen?

With stop/start deactivated too (don't know how they've managed that) there's a possibility that they've simply switched cruise off too, because they didn't understand what they were doing.

You will need to set yourself up on FORScan with a free extended licence and a decent lead (V-Linker or OBDLink EX), download the standard configuration files for both the BCM and the IPC and reload them.

They may just start working again using the drop downs in the central configuration (in engineering mode)

• Like 1

Thanks guys, someone in a garage quickly put it on their scanner on there lunch break so I'm not sure what make it was. He said it can't see the cruise module. I'm going to get a OBD lead and download FORScan and see what I can do with that. 

1 minute ago, Swinter said:

I'm going to get a OBD lead and download FORScan and see what I can do with that. 

And FoCCCus... :smile:  Unless Forscan functionality has improved for the Mk3 since I owned one.

11 minutes ago, Swinter said:

Thanks guys, someone in a garage quickly put it on their scanner on there lunch break so I'm not sure what make it was. He said it can't see the cruise module. I'm going to get a OBD lead and download FORScan and see what I can do with that. 

A scanner only looks for codes, FORScan looks at the configuration of the modules too

10 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

And FoCCCus... :smile:  Unless Forscan functionality has improved for the Mk3 since I owned one.

FoCCCus not good for MK3, Forscan is top notch now

12 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

FoCCCus not good for MK3, Forscan is top notch now

FoCCCus is designed for Mk3.  You might be thinking of ELMConfig?

Just now, TomsFocus said:

FoCCCus is designed for Mk3.  You might be thinking of ELMConfig?

Maybe,

I could never get FoCCCus to work on mine, I've always used FORScan, even updated firmware in some modules, no issues.

FORScan has very good support and knowledge on the Forums too

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveT70 said:

Maybe,

I could never get FoCCCus to work on mine, I've always used FORScan, even updated firmware in some modules, no issues.

FORScan has very good support and knowledge on the Forums too

Wasn't yours Mk3.5?  FoCCCus was limited for the facelifts. 

Worked perfectly on my 2012 Mk3, same year as the OP's.

I have been using Forscan since 2014 for codes and diags, but needed ELMConfig and FoCCCus alongside it for module adaptions on the Mk2.5 & Mk3 Focus's.

• Like 1

Yes, mine is a 3.5, perhaps that's the issue then

FORScan has full support for MK3 though, I would strongly recommend that

• 3 weeks later...

I've run the forscan and it still shows that clutch pedal A and B sensor correlation. I've changed both switches on the clutch pedal. Is there something else I am missing maybe a break in a wire or something.

There should be PID's in FORScan for Clutch Sensors that you can Live Monitor.

I don't know if that car has a CCM or not, I suspect it does not, a wiring diagram if you can get your hands on one will tell you.

If there is one and FORScan can't find it then that usually means that it is not working and in cases like that there are normally lack of communication U codes in the Modules that would normally communicate with the CCM. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/7/2023 at 7:20 PM, Botus said:

if someone's been in to a module playing to disable start stop (very good idea - its only there to destroy the engine), then you need to go see if thing like cruise are correctly enabled...

another good idea would be to check if it was built with cruise control from the factory - or if he started adding the column switches but enabling was beyond him...

Unfortunately, although the point about whether the cruise control is actually fitted is reasonable (and Using Forscan to find out would be a good idea,) People who post complete cobblers need to be called out. Stop start is a good thing. It improves the air quality in the town where I live and reduces city noise. It does not destroy the engine and to suggest that it does is merely bigoted tripe.

6 hours ago, Swinter said:

I've run the forscan and it still shows that clutch pedal A and B sensor correlation.

What DTC did you get ?

Can you start the engine with just a clutch press or does it ask you to press the brake as well?

Hang on. There is no CCM listed. Clutch switches are not just for CCM as they are used for idle control and stop- start.   The Forscan forum has people that can get you the build config from the VIN which will confirm what ought to be fitted. Ask nicely there. 

22 hours ago, Swinter said:

I have to press both pedals 

Thanks.  That definitely confirms the clutch switches at fault then.

Have you been able to test the switches on live data through Forscan yet?  

Ive not been able to do live data test yet. I am still learning my way around forscan. I've replaced both switches, so does that means one or both of the replaced switches are faulty or possibly a wiring fault somewhere along the line. 

Or that the switch has not been correctly replaced. The likelihood of both switches being faulty twice is closer to zero than Donald trump's tax bill. I would be downloading a circuit diagram and measuring it with great care. Fuses 56,22 and 33 are relevant.

https://cardiagn.com/2017-2020-ford-fiesta-ewd-cruise-control/

might be useful

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club