Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk3 Towbar Wiring

mal165

Hi, I want to fit a towbar to my 59 plate focus titanium and understand the wiring through a relay etc but would welcome advice on the easiest ( and neatest) way to pick up the 12v supply to the relay. Does the feed need to come from the fuse/battery area and if so whats the best way to route this through the interior.

many thanks

Can't advise on a '59 plate but on a '55 plate there is a permanent 12v live feed in the boot for such a purpose. Get a dedicated towbar electrics harness for your car from Towsure it's a doddle to fit.

single or double electrics? single will be ok to use the 12v feed in the boot as mentioned earlier if it has one but if its double to power a split charge system then you will need a cable capable of around 30amps

single or double electrics? single will be ok to use the 12v feed in the boot as mentioned earlier if it has one but if its double to power a split charge system then you will need a cable capable of around 30amps

Hi thanks for both replies, greatly appreciated. Only planning on using single electrics for a trailer. Am I right to assume that this will be part of the 'plug in 'wiring for a dedicated kit? Can you tell me where this is a and how to identify the 12v feed?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Am I right to assume that this will be part of the 'plug in 'wiring for a dedicated kit?

The 12v feed? It's already there waiting to be used.

Can you tell me where this is a and how to identify the 12v feed? thanks

If you empty the boot, carpet/spare wheel/polystyrene, on the left you should see quite a thick brown/maybe red wire with a connector on the end of it.

• 3 weeks later...

any idea what rating the wire is? i'd like to use it for an extra reversing light- would be using 55w front fog so min 5amp ( 2 relays of revering switch and light cluster so it opertes only at night) i live in a lane with no street lighting and one 5w bulb is rather dim.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club