Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Infotainment/ Sst nav head unit crazy slow

mac_sykes

Hi all,  new here. For months now my 66 plate Smax has had this issue where everything that goes through the screen/head unit is really very laggy ie 10 to 30 seconds behind. This includes reversing sensor beeps, adjusting volume or station on the radio, sat nav or just tapping the screen to select something. Speaking of sat nav, not only is it minutes behind our actual location,  it is also hundreds of meters out of line of where we are (or were). 

When plugged into android phone and android auto is running, it generally behaves itself. 

Have considered software update, but its running the latest apparently. 

Anyone got advice or hints or tips please ? 

Many thanks. Mac

Is there not a factory reset in the settings menu?

Hi , thanks for the suggestions. No option to reset on the car settings. battery disconnection made no diff either. So I'm back to square one thinking that I may end up at a dealership but think they probably won't know too much, other than recommending spending a lot to replace things! Anyone got any further advice? Greatly appreciated 🙏

Cheers, Mac

23 hours ago, mac_sykes said:

For months now my 66 plate Smax has had this issue where everything that goes through the screen/head unit is really very laggy ie 10 to 30 seconds behind.

That sounds like it has government minister syndrome 🤣

Is your car running Sync2 ? Did the problem start after doing a software update ? 

27 minutes ago, unofix said:

That sounds like it has government minister syndrome 🤣

Is your car running Sync2 ? Did the problem start after doing a software update ? 

😂

It's running Sync3. But it did begin after updating (updating maps as I recall, but possibly Sync version too), albeit not immediately after updating. Cheers

19 minutes ago, mac_sykes said:

It's running Sync3.

That's very good news.

Go to the Cyan-Labs website and use their update system. It will sort out your Sync3 system, get you the latest Maps and software version, and even in many cases upgrade you to Sync3.4

It is all the genuine Ford software, just with a different loading method for want of a better description. Cyan-Labs is used by a great many people on this forum and has helped fix and recover many systems.

https://cyanlabs.net/

17 hours ago, unofix said:

That's very good news.

Go to the Cyan-Labs website and use their update system. It will sort out your Sync3 system, get you the latest Maps and software version, and even in many cases upgrade you to Sync3.4

It is all the genuine Ford software, just with a different loading method for want of a better description. Cyan-Labs is used by a great many people on this forum and has helped fix and recover many systems.

https://cyanlabs.net/

Right-o, thanks will take a look at that tonight 👍

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2023 at 2:51 PM, mac_sykes said:

Right-o, thanks will take a look at that tonight 👍

Hi,  just updating a) out of courtesy for those who offered advice and b) for anyone who has the same probs in the future.  

So it took me a few weeks in the end to find the time to make the update, but it worked fine and everything on the car is perfect again. So thanks to unofix for the top tip 👍

I would recommend watching the video on the cyanlabs site a few times. But in the end it is pretty easy once you figure out what you're doing. You'll need a big capacity usb stick and it will need to be formatted correctly as exFAT or NTFS.  

Cheers. Mac

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Excellent. Mine ran really slow after a Sync update, Ford said they'd probably have to replace the module at a crazy cost. In the end, I updated the maps. It ran perfectly!

Maybe old maps and new sync aren't completely compatible and cause speed issues.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/11/2023 at 5:03 PM, mac_sykes said:

Hi,  just updating a) out of courtesy for those who offered advice and b) for anyone who has the same probs in the future.  

So it took me a few weeks in the end to find the time to make the update, but it worked fine and everything on the car is perfect again. So thanks to unofix for the top tip 👍

I would recommend watching the video on the cyanlabs site a few times. But in the end it is pretty easy once you figure out what you're doing. You'll need a big capacity usb stick and it will need to be formatted correctly as exFAT or NTFS.  

Cheers. Mac

Thanks for your update back on how it went!

I just bought myself a 2018 S Max Titanium 2.0 Petrol (am brand new to this forum) and I noticed it is still on an older version of SYNC 3.0. The Ford site mentions it needs upgrading to 3.0 build 20204.

I'm a Mac user so I'll need to do some manual stuff which Windows users get "for free" with the cyanlabs SYN3 updater. 
One thing I'm uncertain about is the choice for the navigation option. As I cannot run the windows app myself I wanted to check which choice you made in the windows app and figure out from there which option I should pick from the cyanlabs website.

When I select region EU and SYNC version 3.4.22251 I can choose for:

1. F11 (2021) - EU (05 2022)
  2. F11 (2021) with F12 (2022) Voice - EU (05 2022)

Do you recall making a choice like this and which one did you take?

Thanks in advance for your support!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club