Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Camera Low Visibility Clean Screen

Ms Bee

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere in the forum (done a search, but couldn't see anything). 

Puma ST Line X - I have been getting this message on my display lately (especially when it's frosty) "Front Camera Low Visibility Clean Screen".

Where is the front camera? I'm guessing its to do with the Adaptive Cruise Control distancing, but I have no idea where it is located to clean it!

Any idea anyone? Diagram or photo would be helpful. Thanks. 🙂

It’s above the rear view mirror attached to the windscreen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I get the same message occasionally in my Fiesta and the answer is to clean the windscreen, paying particular attention to the area in front of the rear view mirror.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

clean the windscreen, paying particular attention to the area in front of the rear view mirror.

Yes.   But if it's misty you may get the warning and no matter how much you clean the screen, the warning will  show until it's not misty.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alanfp said:

But if it's misty you may get the warning and no matter how much you clean the screen, the warning will  show until it's not misty.

Never had that, tbh. Only when something is on the screen that the wipers won't shift.

On 1/20/2023 at 7:08 PM, alexp999 said:

It’s above the rear view mirror attached to the windscreen. 

Thank you. Now you have told me, I can see it very clearly!

Had my Puma nearly two years and never even knew it was there!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ms Bee said:

Had my Puma nearly two years and never even knew it was there!

Lol, had my Fiesta five and still finding out stuff. Every day's a school day on here!

• Haha 1

The enclosure that covers the camera is actually fitted with a small heater to clear any misting in front of the cameras, the inside of the glass being out of reach. It is only partially successful and is occasionally overwhelmed by misty or exceptionally damp mornings (not that we ever get those in England...) The  system usually begins to work after ten minutes or so. Until then, you have to drive the car yourself!

The three cameras work the lane keeping system, the auto high beam system, the operation of the lights and wipers, the traffic sign recognition and the keeping of a safe distance from the car in front.

You could be forgiven for thinking that these days it takes a very skilled driver to do all of that, with a brain the size of a planet and an IQ of over 300 but it really isn't difficult! As recently as the twentieth Century, we all had to do it for ourselves and Mr Rees-Mogg assures me that some poor people do so to this day but he is almost certainly a scallywag who is pulling my leg.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club