Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 MONDEO Engine Malfunction/Engine Light DPF/TURBO??? PLEASE ADVISE??

FordLoverBenjy

So the story goes like this:::   

I broke down on the way to Birmingham from Gloucester, well the lights came up saying Engine malfunction and engine light came on but I could turn the ignition off whilst driving and the engine malfunction light would go out but engine warning light would stay on, so every time the malfunction light would come on the car would go into limp mode but before it would come on the car was jerking when in any gear BAR 1st and 2nd until driving further i never suspected DPF but I wish I did. I'm the type of driver to drive in 5th doing 30-40 but now knowing that the DPF would block easy driving like that i wouldn't never drive like that again.

more to the point I got RAC out to check car and they came up with all these DTC's 

DTC: P003A,Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control A

DTC: P246B,Particulate filter, faulty

DTC: P0704,Clutch Switch Input Circuit Malfunction

DTC: P2463,Diesel particle filter - soot accumulated

DTC: P244B,Particle filter differential pressure sensor circuit; high

DTC: P242F,Diesel Particulate filter Restriction - Ash Accumulation

DTC: P02E1,Diesel intake air flow control

but after putting my car into garage and £495.00 ( TURBO INTERCOOLER PIPE REPLACED, DPF PRESSURE SENSOR REPLACED, MINOR SERVICE)

they then told me the turbo needs replacing but I've since had a mobile mechanic come round plug in computer for him to tell me your DPF is showing HIGH pressure and now the only codes that show are;

I took the car out of the garage thinking maybe being paranoid they doing me over because i always believed its was DPF problem as the previous owner has full service history that shows the car was serviced every 5000-6000 miles and he never took the car above 70MPH  infact 50 MPH but I'm not a full time mechanic just part time YouTuber mechanic but its worked for me but just not major parts. 

I have been driving car around between 3-5 miles (4 trips) at a time in 2nd gear 30mph 3000rpm and ive not had the light come up until my 5th trip which i got into 4th gear and it went straight into limp mode and bought up  the engine malfunction light!!

Questions

How easy would it be for me to change my own DPF?

Would it worth trying to  get DPF cleaned/repaired?

buying 2nd hand DPF and replacing myself?

Putting car in garage for brand new DPF?(Expensive option)

I have a basic knowledge of mechanics as i studied Vehicle mechanics in the Army down in Bordon (PRINCE PHILLIP BARRACKS) with the REME.

not saying I know how to fix everything but not  stupid enough to know that my turbo needs changing!!

Just want advice from you guys as you most likely have came across this problem previously.

I've ordered ICARSOFT CR PRO - UNIVERSAL PROFESSIONAL DIAGNOSTIC TOOL 2022 to try and REGEN the DPF but garage said the DPF REGEN didn't work previously but ive researched and it says the REGEN wont work with less than 20L fuel which I only had less than quarter of a tank, So could this be why? Also which i must say i havent checked but the fan might not  of kicked in because of a faulty wire but like i said will check tomorrow.

Sorry for long winded post but annoyed as they've told me its turbo that needs changing but yet the turbo FAULT codes have disappeared and only DPF FAULT codes come up  but i will repost tomorrow to update..

THANKS FOR ANY HELP  

Yeah, you are wise not to accept at face value the garage's say-so. Do let us know how you get on with the dpf regen.! 

Glad I've got a mk3.... no newfangled stuff like dpfs to get in life's way on them. 

On 1/21/2023 at 11:05 PM, nicam49 said:

Yeah, you are wise not to accept at face value the garage's say-so. Do let us know how you get on with the dpf regen.! 

Glad I've got a mk3.... no newfangled stuff like dpfs to get in life's way on them. 

Normally I would've just said go ahead but I couldn't afford that much.

so my computer came pointed out the codes:

once i cleared the codes they didnt come back up but for safe measure i tried to regen but never had enough fuel to complete Static regen so i decided to take it for a drive up and down the motorway.

so i sat at 70MPH DOING 3000RPM FOR AROUND 15-20 MILES AND SO FAR NOT LIGHTS AND NO JERKING SO ONCE MY FUEL IS ALMOST EMPTY I SHALL BE RUNNING A DPF CLEANER THROUGH WITH PREMIUM FUEL!!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club