Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Focus and cold(ish) weather!!! RANT OCLOCK!!!

VFR800

I've never had a car that has been such a pain in the ***** in cold(ish) weather!! It was a ***** box before the cold weather, this was just the ***** on the cake, so to speak!!

I've witnessed -6 degrees Celsius these last few weeks and a car that seems to have not been developed with cold weather in mind. In the various markets that this vehicle is sold -6 is not really cold!

Windows that freeze solid and take an age to become unstuck! The various pieces of trim that make contact with the door glass seem to hold/trap water, and this just freezes solid.

The inside of the car seems to be wetter than the outside, loads of freezing frost on the inside of the vehicle mainly on the windscreen, rearview mirror and side windows!! I'm not talking a bit of surface moisture, i'm talking chunks of ice in the morning!! Boot is dry and i've checked the foot wells for moisture, all dry.

Add the above to the other issues i've had over the last 4 years, not going to miss this pile when it goes!!!

But it does look gorgeous and i like the way it handles and drives, a bit like my wife!!! 😉

RANT OVER IN 3,2,.......

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, VFR800 said:

I've never had a car that has been such a pain in the ***** in cold(ish) weather!! It was a ***** box before the cold weather, this was just the ***** on the cake, so to speak!!

I've witnessed -6 degrees Celsius these last few weeks and a car that seems to have not been developed with cold weather in mind. In the various markets that this vehicle is sold -6 is not really cold!

Windows that freeze solid and take an age to become unstuck! The various pieces of trim that make contact with the door glass seem to hold/trap water, and this just freezes solid.

The inside of the car seems to be wetter than the outside, loads of freezing frost on the inside of the vehicle mainly on the windscreen, rearview mirror and side windows!! I'm not talking a bit of surface moisture, i'm talking chunks of ice in the morning!! Boot is dry and i've checked the foot wells for moisture, all dry.

Add the above to the other issues i've had over the last 4 years, not going to miss this pile when it goes!!!

But it does look gorgeous and i like the way it handles and drives, a bit like my wife!!! 😉

RANT OVER IN 3,2,.......

Haven't had any mayor issues, one day the drivers door didn't want to open, so poured warm water around it and it freed fine, the 1.5 engine does take an age to warm up, which is a shame, the quick clear screen is great but doesn't melt where the sensor is so need to scrape, if you don't want the message on the dashboard, when the car is damp I put on the aircon, -7 this morning so most cars probably struggled.

3 hours ago, VFR800 said:

The inside of the car seems to be wetter than the outside, loads of freezing frost on the inside of the vehicle mainly on the windscreen, rearview mirror and side windows!! I'm not talking a bit of surface moisture, i'm talking chunks of ice in the morning!

I have a MK3, but that doesn't sound right to me.  Maybe seats and carpet are holding some moisture without being damp to the feel. Maybe apply some dehumidifying (wife's hairdryer!) on a warm day and try to drive out any moisture.  Also, stop breathing when you're in the car. 

• Haha 3

I have also found that  windows on mymk4 Focus are frozen shut in the cold mornings, never had a problem in my previous mk2 Focus.

Not sure what I am supposed to do with my rubbish, now I can't throw it out of the windows (only kidding).

Not had a problem with moisture inside the car.  

Not had any issues with the Focus but I feel the OP post with the Noddy car but within 5 to 10 mins it's ready to go, unlike my wife 🤣

• Haha 1

I find my Fiesta doesn't mist up badly inside. The MG does do so, pretty badly but in weather like this I could go fishing in the Up! The glass was wet, the interior paintwork was wet, the switches and the steering wheel too. The instrument panel couldn't be seen and the interior mirror would mist up as soon as it was wiped dry despite 2Kg of silica gel bags swapped out weekly. I find the Ford heater toasty and the heated screen marvellous. It takes a couple of miles to warm right up but I can forgive it that.

On 1/23/2023 at 7:54 PM, Wino said:

within 5 to 10 mins it's ready to go, unlike my wife

You need the manual on how to warm her up.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, alanfp said:

You need the manual on how to warm her up.

There is no manual for " menopausal "🤣

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club