Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus MK4.5 2022+ issues thread

Chera

Hello,

since there is no other thread regarding the issues with the new Focus, I'm going to start one.

1) Sync 4 has suddenly turned off during driving and after a few seconds it restarted itself, I checked and there was no update available

2) Digital Dash doesn't update navigation indications(I'm driving with Waze and a roundabout it's coming. After passing it, the turn indications are still on the digital dash, and the solution to remove the old indication it's to press the OK button on the wheel)

3)  Other drivers reported that sometimes keyless it's not working on both sides, I honestly didn't have this issue: The solution for this is to go to the service and Ford will replace the keyless antenna or the car battery

If you have other issues please feel free to add them 🙂

The only issue I have came across is the display going into this chess/checkerboard pattern. It happened as I was driving and froze the screen. I couldn't do anything. This happened for a few minutes but not long enough for me to take a picture of screen at a red light. 

• Sad 1

Not sure if this is the way it is. I found on the Seven speed auto petrol, when i depress the button and slide into (L) low gear the button doesn't release and stays in.  Also I know the low selection holds the gears longer but I'm hitting 4 to 5 thousand revs just to do 30mph. Is this normal behaviour for low gear selection?

Sync 4 strange issue on just one day.

Phone would not connect, neither wirelessly or with the cable. Everything else appeared to work.

Got home and after leaving the car 20 mins, I put it in reverse, and it said rear camera not available. I don't have a rear camera!!

So next drive cycle everything was fine, and has been for 2 weeks no issues.

This really feels like a software update was done, and made it go a bit funny, and then settled. It was like the new software didn't know what spec of vehicle it was flashed to for a short time 

29 minutes ago, Plimp92 said:

Sync 4 strange issue on just one day.

Phone would not connect, neither wirelessly or with the cable. Everything else appeared to work.

I had encountered the same issue also, the fix for me was to reset the tablet, otherwise it wouldn't work, even with stop start of the engine....

It looks like the behavior of Sync 4 it's repetitive and many people are encountering the same issues... I really hope Ford will come with an update, because it's been many months and we still don't have a first update yet.. 😞

Also, another bad thing is that we can't report bugs and this is not OK 

Sync 4 freezes and shut down then restart, all that with the car ridding. 

The Key not detected message pups out maybe 50/100 times i start the car and the key is In the cup holder. 

Doors always close but not always open In the door handles, needs a second try. 

• Sad 1

So it looks like the Sync 4 random freezes occurs to many people and we still don't have an update regarding this issue...

Yes, its glorious times for us. 

We pay expensive and we get top of the line components... 

Just look... 

IMG_20230125_074922.jpg

• Sad 3

Wow, never encountered this issue with the system... Let's hope Ford will come ASAP with an update, but seeing that they're preparing to lay-off over 3000 people in Europe, doesn't look good. 

Ford plans massive layoffs in Europe, inciting union threats (electrek.co)

57 minutes ago, tddif2000 said:

Yes, its glorious times for us. 

We pay expensive and we get top of the line components... 

Just look... 

IMG_20230125_074922.jpg

Yep exactly what I experienced too. Mine happened when I was using spotify via CarPlay. 

This screen fault has also been reported over on the 'Focus Active' facebook group.

• Sad 1

image.thumb.png.4f9e30709340eead665f878a864e7abb.png

Ford recently changed their UI regarding the updates, and it looks like we'll never be able to check for updates on their website..

In uk there is an office , can’t remember what it’s called.. FordPass support or something. They took calls , helped myself and lot of others with anything software , map, app related.. sometimes better to talk to somebody rather than emails.. 

Just now, Alex.S said:

In uk there is an office , can’t remember what it’s called.. FordPass support or something. They took calls , helped myself and lot of others with anything software , map, app related.. sometimes better to talk to somebody rather than emails.. 

We don't have this kind of thing in Romania, we only have email contact option unfortunately.. 

20 hours ago, Chera said:

image.thumb.png.4f9e30709340eead665f878a864e7abb.png

Ford recently changed their UI regarding the updates, and it looks like we'll never be able to check for updates on their website..

Auto updates is surely the easiest way 🧐 

9 minutes ago, Chera said:

LOL, is Ford joking or what? 😐

Are they genuinely telling you which country you live in? :laugh: 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Are they genuinely telling you which country you live in? :laugh: 

Yes, Ford support jokes, they are thinking I'm dumb enough to not know where I'm living, they probably assume that I'll answer to the question ,,on which planet are we living" that I'm living on planet Romania...

It's really a bad thing they don't have a place where we can generate logs and upload to Ford since we have some issues with this new Sync4 that's rarely updated 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tddif2000 said:

And today is update day! IMG_20230127_085732.thumb.jpg.3a37301424738906393387b1a7242f19.jpgIMG_20230127_085836.thumb.jpg.a981f56aa4cb306ecdd7f44f4a2c3a79.jpg

This 3.5.2.1 doesn't have full AA Screen, it's a really old update from September, don't be so excited... ,,

• Preparing your vehicle for Alexa Built-in[23] (OTA version apparently released only to EU cars)"

We need at least 3.5.3.x.

It looks like other people got also the update, and I'm the ,,lucky one" who didn't got it...Let's see if in the next days it'll be pushed to me or not, or if I have it, because ford powerup version it's not showed in the settings.. 

image.thumb.png.e8bc640f6062661ff08bbe69259a6440.png

It looks like some updates were made to the car...

You can check here: Summary (ford.com)

Just create an academic account with dummy data, Ford will never check it.

So I noticed the being unable to lock/unlock door outside last week. My front passenger side door wouldn't work, it was fine front driver side.

The rear doors don't unlock but unsure if that is meant to our not? 

My auto boot Chime also changed to a quieter tone. 

However magically today noticed the auto boot come was louder, tried locking front passenger door and that's working now!! 

Wondered if Ford can push component updates automatically? I can't see why Sync updates would affect the door and auto boot....... 

Just search this forum for 'State Of Charge'

Your battery was less than 70% and now it's more.

• Like 1