Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus MK4.5 2022+ issues thread

Chera

I can't see why that would be the cause as I've done no long distance driving to charge the battery

More inclined to believe @Cherabased on the updates on Sunday they discovered. 

• Haha 2

"laugh it up fuzzball" to quote a film, battery is about v12.26 on the multimeter so below 70%. 

Lucky I'm on good terms with my local garage, they've checked etis and can see some components upgraded today for me..... 

Going to charge the battery anyway

• Haha 1

mHEV has been acting up ever since I got my car on January 10th. I would need to press the accelerator pedal very deep in order to bring out the blue icon at all. Most of the time it just wouldn't show up. The green regeneration icon OTOH shows up every time I release the pedal.

This is in Normal Mode. If I change into Sport Mode, it appears to be working as it should.

Then I tried charging the 12V battery to full and resetting the battery Management System (BMS). After that the mHEV appears to be working normally.

EDIT: I too have had very low state of charge in my 12V battery. It has read as low as 12.1V in the morning (with the power off). Has gone well below 12V as soon as I switch on the power (but do not start the engine).

I’ve just received my Ford Power-Up software today 3.5.2.1

But I did have one blip the other week with Sync sine Nov when I got the car.

so I did a Master Reset and it’s been perfect ever since.

the one thing that will not work is Ford in car wifi.
I’ve connected it correctly and spoken to Vodafone.  
the fault is that the car is using a different APN to what Ford have told Vodafone U.K.

APNAcf.internet.uk.ott

APN prod51euford

and only Ford can change it by reprogramming the car 😢

5 hours ago, Daz-UK said:

the one thing that will not work is Ford in car wifi.

For me the car wifi is useless. Unless you’ve got passengers with iPads or laptops I guess. Was very expensive on the mk4 too, can’t remember the price exactly  .. 100gb of data for a £100 iirc . 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Alex.S said:

For me the car wifi is useless. Unless you’ve got passengers with iPads or laptops I guess. Was very expensive on the mk4 too, can’t remember the price exactly  .. 100gb of data for a £100 iirc . 

IT was useless in MK4, now in MK4.5 it looks like it's really useful, my car also updated yesterday to that useless Ford PowerUp update, but I was expecting the 3.6.x version... 

On 2/5/2023 at 2:51 PM, Don MC said:

mHEV has been acting up ever since I got my car on January 10th. I would need to press the accelerator pedal very deep in order to bring out the blue icon at all. Most of the time it just wouldn't show up. The green regeneration icon OTOH shows up every time I release the pedal.

This is in Normal Mode. If I change into Sport Mode, it appears to be working as it should.

Then I tried charging the 12V battery to full and resetting the Battery Management System (BMS). After that the mHEV appears to be working normally.

EDIT: I too have had very low state of charge in my 12V battery. It has read as low as 12.1V in the morning (with the power off). Has gone well below 12V as soon as I switch on the power (but do not start the engine).

Charged up the 12V battery and then drove off. The mHEV worked fine for the first couple of kilometres and then it disappeared. Again. This has got to do with the 12V battery somehow. Maybe the battery is DOA. It’s going to the dealer’s on friday. They’ll have to sort it out.

12 hours ago, Chera said:

IT was useless in MK4, now in MK4.5 it looks like it's really useful, my car also updated yesterday to that useless Ford PowerUp update, but I was expecting the 3.6.x version... 

hi, which version did you get by chance?

yes wifi in the car for passengers to use is not working at all. Was not great in mk4 but it did work. Doesn’t work at all in mk4.5. 
im gonna call Vodafone again as it’s not down to me to chase Ford for APN.

it’s a fault and needs fixing. 

10 hours ago, Daz-UK said:

hi, which version did you get by chance?

yes wifi in the car for passengers to use is not working at all. Was not great in mk4 but it did work. Doesn’t work at all in mk4.5. 
im gonna call Vodafone again as it’s not down to me to chase Ford for APN.

it’s a fault and needs fixing. 

Titanium X, and I'm from Romania, so yeah, most probably it's a Vodafone UK issue. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Really disappointed with the consumption...Made a highway with adaptive cruise control set at 127 km/h, and I had an average of 7l/100km...That consumption it's huge, with the old MK4 I had 6.2-6.3....

1 hour ago, Chera said:

Really disappointed with the consumption...Made a highway with adaptive cruise control set at 127 km/h, and I had an average of 7l/100km...That consumption it's huge, with the old MK4 I had 6.2-6.3....

Wow!  Unless I've got my maths wrong (always a possibility!!) my 1.0L Focus (MK4 bought in 2020) (incidentally trad petrol car ... no MHEV or anything like that) regularly does 5.65l/100km (calculated, I hope correctly, from 50mpg) and better on long motorway journeys.  I'm always shy about admitting this as many forum members seem to do better still.  I wonder if its because my car is so much lighter than an MHEV?  

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 2:51 PM, Don MC said:

Then I tried charging the 12V battery to full and resetting the Battery Management System (BMS). After that the mHEV appears to be working normally.

The garage now suspects there may be a problem with my ABS system. A pressure sensor fault or something. They say that could be the reason my mHEV doesn't assist.
My ABS brakes are fine though. Even if there was an intermittent fault code that they did reset.

It's going in on Monday for an entirely different reason, but I asked if they could update any software that hasn't been updated yet. From what I've understood elsewhere on the web, at least the 48V DC/DC module has an update coming. I've been wondering why my voltage is more than 15V when driving.

On 2/6/2023 at 10:56 AM, Chera said:

yeah automatic updates on the mk4s was far from perfect. I thought with the sim in the car updates would be easy. Only automatic updates I’ve got have been picking up on my house wifi in my drive, little bit by bit. Took forever.. 

Whats this PowerUp ? And 3.6 ? I thought the mk4.5 had sync4 ? 

Hi Alex.

I think powerup is the name of the software flashed to the sync 4 module.

The new update appears to be preparing the system to allow amazon Alexa to be updated / available in the future.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 9:49 PM, Alex.S said:

yeah automatic updates on the mk4s was far from perfect. I thought with the sim in the car updates would be easy. Only automatic updates I’ve got have been picking up on my house wifi in my drive, little bit by bit. Took forever.. 

Whats this PowerUp ? And 3.6 ? I thought the mk4.5 had sync4 ? 

Hi Alex.

Ford Power up is the new software embedded into Sync 4 software.

Sync 4 is the front GUI of sync and the updated version to Sync 3.

Ford PowerUp is fords own version of software that sits behind Sync 4 and allows the software to update the car own software, eg the electronic modules in the car. This ensures that if there are known software issues that Ford can push the fix to the car with out you taking it into the Garage for them to do a software update on the module.

Ford PowerUp also slows new features to be added into a sync 4 like Alexa with out having to download a large update of the next version of Sync.

My car recently have a new version of Ford PowerUp and I’m waiting for the next version to enable Alexa.

Also the car if set periodically checks for module software updates over Wifi or the 4G network.  Mine is set to check at 4am each morning and I can see on Etis that the car indeed has checked all the modules except 1 at the moment and done what was needed. 

bit more info here

https://www.ford.co.uk/technology/power-up-software-updates

hope this helps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Plimp92 said:

Hi Alex.

I think powerup is the name of the software flashed to the sync 4 module.

The new update appears to be preparing the system to allow Amazon Alexa to be updated / available in the future.

Hi Plimp92 More info on Ford PowerUp can be found in my update and on the link.

Alexa has started now rolling out to some users already. I’m partly ready, just waiting on the last update.

then I will have a Siri, Hello Ford, Alexa and Ok Google 

be a great conversation driving to work.🤣🤣🤣

on my Sync 3 about 2 years ago, both Siri and the Ford lady got stuck and I got.

please say a command.

With Siri reply, I’m sorry I don’t understand

with Ford reply, I’m sorry you can say such words

and it went on like that. 

I kept pressing buttons and saying, please shut up. I don’t need any of you lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/6/2023 at 10:56 AM, Chera said:

next update due soon and then you will have Alexa 👍

On 2/7/2023 at 10:44 AM, Chera said:

Titanium X, and I'm from Romania, so yeah, most probably it's a Vodafone UK issue. 

So this morning by magic the in car wifi worked and it’s actually quite fast with decent speeds. 

see how it goes. 

On 2/5/2023 at 8:55 PM, Alex.S said:

Car wifi suddenly started to work this morning. It’s decent in speeds too. Was very impressed. 

• Like 1

All that we want right now it's the new update which allows us to have Carplay/Android Auto full screen. 

13 hours ago, Daz-UK said:

Car wifi suddenly started to work this morning. It’s decent in speeds too. Was very impressed. 

Great but how much does it cost? Per gb ? 

About amazon Alexa, what’s the point? There’s not much it can do   that your phone can’t. I use Siri , I avoid google maps cause it can’t do voice controls on Apple CarPlay afaik. I’ve got a dot in the house to stream music or ask what year it is.. only virtual assistants in my car are Siri and Ford nav .. that’s plenty! 

• Like 1

Can anyone help with a couple of queries I have about my Focus MK 4.5 2022. My car has LED lights and I am trying to confirm that they are adaptive (when I turn left or right the lights illuminate in these directions, so I presume that they are what is described as adaptive?).

The other query is around driving on the right when in other parts of Europe. When I go in to settings and select 'lights' the only option I see is to adjust the delay when leaving the car. I thought that I would have an option to select driving on the right.  

I appreciate that I am in danger of sounding like a complete numpty but I have checked in the manual and researched on the web without getting a definitive answer. I have also emailed Ford but they were hopeless.  

I would appreciate any thoughts around these queries. Thanks. 

8 minutes ago, SW2306 said:

Can anyone help with a couple of queries I have about my Focus MK 4.5 2022. My car has LED lights and I am trying to confirm that they are adaptive (when I turn left or right the lights illuminate in these directions, so I presume that they are what is described as adaptive?).

The other query is around driving on the right when in other parts of Europe. When I go in to settings and select 'lights' the only option I see is to adjust the delay when leaving the car. I thought that I would have an option to select driving on the right.  

I appreciate that I am in danger of sounding like a complete numpty but I have checked in the manual and researched on the web without getting a definitive answer. I have also emailed Ford but they were hopeless.  

I would appreciate any thoughts around these queries. Thanks. 

Adaptive “matrix” lights are an option on all except the ST. You probably have fixed LEDs with static cornering lights. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

You probably have fixed LEDs with static cornering lights. 

I think we've had a recent thread about such things 🤣

• Like 1