Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus MK4.5 2022+ issues thread

Chera
聽Share

1 hour ago, unofix said:

I think we've had a recent thread about such things 馃ぃ

Apologies I just found the thread聽馃ぃ. With LED headlights, do we need to put the stickers on them whilst driving on the right in Europe or are they not required with that type of light? 聽

• Like 1

Yes you will still need the corrective stickers for your lights, just like with traditional headlights.聽馃憤

8 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Great but how much does it cost? Per gb ?聽

At the moment 拢0

there refreshing the tariffs so I鈥檝e got a good will bolt on. 馃憤

8 hours ago, Alex.S said:

About Amazon Alexa, what鈥檚 the point? There鈥檚 not much it can do 聽 that your phone can鈥檛. I use Siri , I avoid google maps cause it can鈥檛 do voice controls on Apple CarPlay afaik. I鈥檝e got a dot in the house to stream music or ask what year it is.. only virtual assistants in my car are Siri and Ford nav .. that鈥檚 plenty!聽

Most of our house is either Alexa or Siri. 聽So having Alexa in car for me is a win win. 聽Control more of the heating etc.聽

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Daz-UK said:

At the moment 拢0

there refreshing the tariffs so I鈥檝e got a good will bolt on. 馃憤

Mk4 had something like 60gb complimentary from new , I鈥檓 not even sure what I used it on as I鈥檝e plenty data on my phone.. 馃

What use have you found for it?聽

5 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Mk4 had something like 60gb complimentary from new , I鈥檓 not even sure what I used it on as I鈥檝e plenty data on my phone.. 馃

What use have you found for it?聽

For me, I鈥檝e been using it with iPad or family members connect to it when they run out of data.

just use it for anything really while I鈥檝e got it for now. But it does come in use on long journeys or say my own network may not have a signal and the car has.聽

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New issue - the price!

Have recently looked at quotes to trade in my 2020.75 ST Line X in for a new 2023.25 ST Line X and the price is up over 拢5.5k from what I paid for my current one.聽

I know inflation, cost of energy etc. but I can't see the justification for such a price hike.聽

I had hoped to just swap (as seamlessly as possible) into a new Focus, but I'm starting to look elsewhere now! 馃槥

7 hours ago, JDC14 said:

New issue - the price!

Have recently looked at quotes to trade in my 2020.75 ST Line X in for a new 2023.25 ST Line X and the price is up over 拢5.5k from what I paid for my current one.聽

I know inflation, cost of energy etc. but I can't see the justification for such a price hike.聽

I had hoped to just swap (as seamlessly as possible) into a new Focus, but I'm starting to look elsewhere now! 馃槥

This is not Ford/Focus specific, this is a problem with the entire car market..

They want us to switch to boring electrics that are ,,environmental friendly" but they don't care about high cost to purchase this vehicle, slow charging time, high cost of battery replacement and so on.

• 3 weeks later...

Just FYI.

Had the screen chequerboard issue with sync 4 today. Happened during driving, and soon settled down, but pattern remained in some small areas.

Ign cycle didn't sort it.

Stayed outside 8hrs at work, and was fine when next started up, so a full sleep of sync was required. Fine on the way home, 1.5hr journey聽

• Like 1

I would assume there is a button combo to force restart sync like there is with sync 3.聽

Yeah, its on the Internet somewhere,

I think its the same as sync 3. On off button and next track for 5 secs, something like that.

Only you have to use the steering wheel next track button.

I went on a gravel road in the weekend with my car and the shield underneath the car was broken, so I went today at the mechanic, and they said I need to replace the engine shield... The original shield it's made of felt and it's a bad quality one, so be careful guys...I don't understand why people want cars with low ground clearance when you can easily make mistakes like mine..聽

I bought a metal one instead, here in Romania was 90 euro, I hope I'll not have any problems with it...聽

• 2 weeks later...

Update: the metal shield couldn't be mounted by the local Ford service because ,,it has some security issues and it could be easily falling.."

I asked for a Sync4 update and they said that for my VIN there is no update available which it's really annoying.... New delivered cars are coming with the new Sync while the old ones are聽 still stuck on a very bad version...

I've asked for this and they said to me ,,we don't push updates based on customer request."

Are there known good and bad versions of Sync 4? Would be curious to see what mine is.

20 hours ago, karlbbb said:

Are there known good and bad versions of Sync 4? Would be curious to see what mine is.

21333 bad version

22xxx good version with fullscreen Android Auto/Apple Carplay

1. Just spotted what looks like corrosion on a bracket near the engine. Also spots of it nearby on the metal below the red circle on the first photo below. Bought the car 6 months ago, new. It was made, I believe, in March or May 2022. It's a hefty, thick part, so it's not going to cause a problem any time soon. But why is it there, and so soon? I don't live near the sea, I regularly clean the car, including underneath, and everything else is fine. It rubs off on your fingers, but not entirely off the bracket. Anyone else experienced this?

2. (Minor point) When using cruise control, the speedo needle matches the digital readout. But when not in cruise control (most of the time for me) the digital readout often displays a speed which is one and often two mph higher than the needle. For example, the readout says 32 or 33mph and the needle is barely above 30mph. Didn't notice it on my previous Focus, a Mk4.

3. (Very minor point) My PDF warranty document says "before any Warranty work is carried out to Your Vehicle, produce Your Ford service History Log duly stamped..." Logs no longer exist in paper form. I even tried to buy one, after buying the car. And the document says "All parts which are replaced under this Warranty shall belong to Us." Puzzling.

bracket1_location.JPG

bracket2.JPG

bracket3.JPG

2 hours ago, northern_nubie said:

"All parts which are replaced under this Warranty shall belong to Us." Puzzling.

Just means the failed parts that are no longer fitted to your car (ie they have been replaced). You own the NEW parts but not the old parts.聽

• Like 3

On 4/9/2023 at 7:52 AM, Chera said:

21333 bad version

22xxx good version with fullscreen Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Thanks. I, too, am on the old version then.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, karlbbb said:

Thanks. I, too, am on the old version then.

I don't think Ford pushed an update for the old cars(built before Oct 2022), they don't even care about doing this, they're shipping only the new cars with the new builds, otherwise, I think we'll see this update in the Q4 if we're lucky...聽

On 4/9/2023 at 6:52 PM, alanfp said:

Just means the failed parts that are no longer fitted to your car (ie they have been replaced). You own the NEW parts but not the old parts.聽

Thanks. That makes sense, of course.

On 4/9/2023 at 4:11 PM, northern_nubie said:

1. Just spotted what looks like corrosion on a bracket near the engine. Also spots of it nearby on the metal below the red circle on the first photo below. Bought the car 6 months ago, new. It was made, I believe, in March or May 2022. It's a hefty, thick part, so it's not going to cause a problem any time soon. But why is it there, and so soon? I don't live near the sea, I regularly clean the car, including underneath, and everything else is fine. It rubs off on your fingers, but not entirely off the bracket. Anyone else experienced this?

2. (Minor point) When using cruise control, the speedo needle matches the digital readout. But when not in cruise control (most of the time for me) the digital readout often displays a speed which is one and often two mph higher than the needle. For example, the readout says 32 or 33mph and the needle is barely above 30mph. Didn't notice it on my previous Focus, a Mk4.

3. (Very minor point) My PDF warranty document says "before any Warranty work is carried out to Your Vehicle, produce Your Ford Service History Log duly stamped..." Logs no longer exist in paper form. I even tried to buy one, after buying the car. And the document says "All parts which are replaced under this Warranty shall belong to Us." Puzzling.

bracket1_location.JPG

bracket2.JPG

bracket3.JPG

I wondered if anyone else has experienced this corrosion on their vehicle? And if so how old is your vehicle? Going to get it checked at a dealer next week, but thought someone else may have experienced something similar. Not the sort of thing I'd expect on a car a year after its manufacture, but I could be wrong of course.

I'm not sure that is actually corrosion.聽 Have you tried wiping it off?

Looks like Dendritic growth to me. This is a naturally occurring phenomenon common to alloys such as aluminum. It is totally harmless and once the entire surface is covered in the greyish white powder the process stops as the oxidization of the surface of the alloy is protected.

This is the reason that you can't paint aluminum alloys or steel that is galvanized without first using an etch primer.

Dendritic growth also occurs on electronic circuit boards which have traces of organic flux residue remaining after the solder process. In these cases the dendritic growth eats away at the copper tracks and component leads and if not cleaned away it leads to failure of the board.聽

• Like 4

On 4/15/2023 at 3:40 PM, unofix said:

Looks like Dendritic growth to me. This is a naturally occurring phenomenon common to alloys such as aluminum. It is totally harmless and once the entire surface is covered in the greyish white powder the process stops as the oxidization of the surface of the alloy is protected.

This is the reason that you can't paint aluminum alloys or steel that is galvanized without first using an etch primer.

Dendritic growth also occurs on electronic circuit boards which have traces of organic flux residue remaining after the solder process. In these cases the dendritic growth eats away at the copper tracks and component leads and if not cleaned away it leads to failure of the board.聽

Thanks so much for this. I'm reassured now. I also noticed it on a relation's 2008 A3, covering most of the aluminium parts, but perhaps not quite as thick. But maybe it just looks a little thicker/worse at the moment on mine because it contrasts against the surfaces which don't yet have the growth.

On 4/15/2023 at 2:30 PM, TomsFocus said:

I'm not sure that is actually corrosion.聽 Have you tried wiping it off?

Before posting, I rubbed a very small part of it and it wipes off a bit onto your finger, but most remains on the metal. Unofix's reply below yours was very enlightening.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club