Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I ordered a rear transmission mount and ford have sent me one that looks totally different. What Ford is this from?

CursedBones

The bottom image is what the mount should look like.

the top image that I have taken is what the one that they send me looks like (I 100% ordered the one with the image from the bottom pic)

It honestly looks like a better quality mount but I’m going to guess that it won’t fit in my 2011 mk7 1.25 duratec IB5 manual gearbox fiesta and it would probably be a bad idea to use it

image.jpg

A5DBAEA1-1A5E-4CEC-8D9A-6806768CE392.png

while waiting for someone that knows if you have the option take your old one off and put them side by side the mounting points may be exactly the same and they just changed the overall design of it possibly for money saving reasons new supplier or just because "ford" lol.

good luck with it and im sure someone will be able to give you some better input than i have 🙂

Oddly, that looks like a cross between the Fiesta mount and the Focus mount.  Can't remember seeing one like that before.  Is there a part number on it?

image.png.e751b360272efa4655054256ed96cc89.png

image.png.a0f55a68037c0cb9260d717e774fd3dd.png

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

If you zoom in, you can make out, "B1-6P082-BC"

Not sure if that's any help at all...

Thanks Stephen. 

I can't cross reference that type of code unfortunately, just the 8 digit Finis number.

However, putting that into eBay shows that mount as coming from a 1.2 Ka+.  I couldn't say whether it's compatible with the Fiesta but for now I'd suggest it won't be.

On 1/25/2023 at 6:00 PM, TomsFocus said:

Thanks Stephen. 

I can't cross reference that type of code unfortunately, just the 8 digit Finis number.

However, putting that into ebay shows that mount as coming from a 1.2 Ka+.  I couldn't say whether it's compatible with the Fiesta but for now I'd suggest it won't be.

Sorry I hadn’t realised that this thread had gained any traction.

The engineering number on the original one was: 8351-6P082-AD

The engineering number on the one that I received was: 8?51-6P082-BC

The dimensions did match up so I just installed it. I assume it’s a revised part although you’d think the people over at official ford on eBay would have a note about it on their system

This is them side by side:

https://ibb.co/9v3m8zH

On 1/25/2023 at 4:01 PM, YBTURBO said:

while waiting for someone that knows if you have the option take your old one off and put them side by side the mounting points may be exactly the same and they just changed the overall design of it possibly for money saving reasons new supplier or just because "ford" lol.

good luck with it and im sure someone will be able to give you some better input than i have 🙂

I’ve installed it! I’ve linked a an image of them side by side in my other reply