Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 my focus number plate light

Guyzer

Trying to replace bulb but the spring on the light is bent tried screwdriver welding wire to push in to release but no success any one have any ideas to release the light thanks

1 hour ago, Guyzer said:

Trying to replace bulb but the spring on the light is bent tried screwdriver welding wire to push in to release but no success any one have any ideas to release the light thanks

Have a look at this... (Confused as your car 'profile' doesn't match the car forum you posted!)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Have a look at this... (Confused as you car 'profile' doesn't match the car forum you posted!)

Cheers Stephen this is the mrs car similar lights on mk2 wish i could make this one come out so easy 

did  mine  on a mk2  a year  ago , would nt come off  and had to force it and it now remains loose. I use black tape  to hold it in , my car is also black .

25 minutes ago, redzzed said:

did  mine  on a mk2  a year  ago , would nt come off  and had to force it and it now remains loose. I use black tape  to hold it in , my car is also black .

That's quite a feat on a Mk2 which I have, one of the easiest number plate lights I've ever replaced!

The usual problem with plate lights is people trying to push from the wrong end.  The spring clip only works one way.  Or just snaps off when brittle in cold weather.  I've broken several over the years.

Mk2 PFL looks more simple with the screws!

• Like 1

Yeah that’s quite easy on the video but mine is spring release ordered a new light and what I’m going to to is pull the light down so far and going to drill out the spring so the spring detaches from the light and drops down without damaging the holder hopefully works cheers

As another option you could remove the tailgate finisher and that gives you access to the back of the number plate lamps to help you remove without getting the drill out 👍

6 hours ago, troy45 said:

As another option you could remove the tailgate finisher and that gives you access to the back of the number plate lamps to help you remove without getting the drill out 👍

Yeah sounds good does the badge come off with the finisher when removing 

On the facelift yes the badge is attached to the finisher and it all comes off together 👍

Fairly straight forward job - 2 screws need removing from the tailgate trim, in the pull-down handles. Then the whole panel pulls off. Finisher has 4 or 6 10mm nuts holding it on plus couple of little plastic hooks at the ends. There’s also a wiring connection to undo and you need to push the wiring grommet through the hole in the tailgate as it all comes out with the finisher. It’s a while since done it myself but think that’s it

54 minutes ago, troy45 said:

On the facelift yes the badge is attached to the finisher and it all comes off together 👍

Fairly straight forward job - 2 screws need removing from the tailgate trim, in the pull-down handles. Then the whole panel pulls off. Finisher has 4 or 6 10mm nuts holding it on plus couple of little plastic hooks at the ends. There’s also a wiring connection to undo and you need to push the wiring grommet through the hole in the tailgate as it all comes out with the finisher. It’s a while since done it myself but think that’s it

Ok thanks for that cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club