Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford focus dashboard???

Papec

Hello!

So... I'm curious if it's possible to change the dashboard but, i drive Ford Focus 2010 and i would like to change the dashboard with the newer version of Ford Focus. Old one and New one.

The MK3/MK3.5 instrument cluster is not even on the same speed CANbus network as the MK2/MK2.5 instrument cluster. The MK3/MK3.5 instrument cluster communicates over the MS (Mid Speed) CANbus network while the The MK2/MK2.5 instrument cluster communicates over the HS (High Speed) CANbus network. The module ID's and CANbus messages are also different.

Apart from incompatible CANbus communication the MK2/MK2.5 instrument cluster is an integral part of the PATS immobilizer system while the MK3/MK3.5 instrument cluster is not.

There are ways to make it work. For example by designing / developing and building a MK2/MK2.5 HS CANbus <- -> MK3/MK3.5 MS CANbus converter. Communication needs to be converted both ways and the converter requires to emulate the immobilizer part. 

This is definitely possible but both the hardware and software part requires skills, knowledge and especially loads of time. Obtaining all relevant CANbus ID's and messages and converting the (hexadecimal) data into readable data can easily take Months.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Think the OP should take that as a No 🤣

Thank you Wilco for a very informative answer, I hadn't realised myself that they were on two different CANbus networks.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, JW1982 said:

The MK3/MK3.5 instrument cluster is not even on the same speed CANbus network as the MK2/MK2.5 instrument cluster. The MK3/MK3.5 instrument cluster communicates over the MS (Mid Speed) CANbus network while the The MK2/MK2.5 instrument cluster communicates over the HS (High Speed) CANbus network. The module ID's and CANbus messages are also different.

Apart from incompatible CANbus communication the MK2/MK2.5 instrument cluster is an integral part of the PATS immobilizer system while the MK3/MK3.5 instrument cluster is not.

There are ways to make it work. For example by designing / developing and building a MK2/MK2.5 HS CANbus <- -> MK3/MK3.5 MS CANbus converter. Communication needs to be converted both ways and the converter requires to emulate the immobilizer part. 

This is definitely possible but both the hardware and software part requires skills, knowledge and especially loads of time. Obtaining all relevant CANbus ID's and messages and converting the (hexadecimal) data into readable data can easily take Months.

Well... Thanks for the information, with all that work it might just be easier to get the newer version of car itself 🤣😭

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 1/26/2023 at 8:11 PM, JW1982 said:

My left trip computer buttons don't work after steering wheel mk3.5 upgrade, I'm ok without them but IPC is stuck counting mileage 

Is there anyway at all just to change the screen to the 4 box split at least if that is there forever I have multi info? Forscan?

20 hours ago, shawstvs1 said:

My left trip computer buttons don't work after steering wheel mk3.5 upgrade, I'm ok without them but IPC is stuck counting mileage 

Is there anyway at all just to change the screen to the 4 box split at least if that is there forever I have multi info? Forscan?

You need to update the firmware to MK3.5 level