Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Price For A Fiesta Zetec S Mk7?

dizzyblonde82

Hi,

I have just ordered a Fiesta Zetec S (1.6 petrol) which I thought was a good deal but a few people at work seem to think I could of got a better deal!

The Zetec S I ordered is brand new and has metallic paint, street pack (17" Alloys/privacy glass), bluetooth/voice activation, steel spare wheel and I have paid £13,200. Does this seem like a good buy or not?

Thanks

Sarah

Sounds good to me!

I ordered a new 1.6 petrol Titanium with a few extras - USB, Voice Control & bluetooth, ESP / Traction Control, 7 spoke 16" alloys instead of the standard 15 spoke 16" ones, metallic paint, driver lumbar support, steel spare wheel, mudflaps & rear parking sensors - in January 2009 (just before Ford started to hike up the prices) & paid just under £12K on the road. Could have had a Zetec S for around the same money.

Prices have gone up significantly in the 18 months since then so £13,200 for your Zetec S with all the options sounds good!

Hope you enjoy it - mine's got the same engine as the petrol Zetec S & it flies, great fun to drive.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I was starting to worry a bit as I went on my own to just get a few prices and ended up buying the zetec s - that took some explaining to the husband!

I guess people at work are just trying to wind me up.

Can't wait to get the car now, sad to see my focus go but it is starting to cost me a fortune in repairs as seems to be having one problem after another. Hoping the fiesta will be a bit cheaper to run than the focus and should have more power than my 1.6 focus as it is a smaller car with newer engine.

Certainly will be quicker than the 1.6 Focus - I occasionally drive my Dad's Focus (which is a 1.8) & my Fiesta's considerably quicker even than that! Handles better too.

if brand new sounds good.

i picked up a black metallic ZS petrol, street pack, usb, 600 miles immaculate for £11,995, was chuffed with that

I've just ordered a 1.6 petrol Titanium in sea grey with upgraded alloys, full dress up kit, keyless system with power button and spare wheel for £13,350 :)

Hi,

I have just ordered a Fiesta Zetec S (1.6 petrol) which I thought was a good deal but a few people at work seem to think I could of got a better deal!

The Zetec S I ordered is brand new and has metallic paint, street pack (17" Alloys/privacy glass), bluetooth/voice activation, steel spare wheel and I have paid £13,200. Does this seem like a good buy or not?

Thanks

Sarah

If its a stock car ,for a straight cash sale I would have said its within £300 of what you could have got.

If you have taken dealer finance or pcp you should have been looking for another £500 in your favour.

Did you want all those extras ,or did they "just happen to have one " in that spec?

Is it a 2009 MY or a 2010.5?

If its a 2009 bluetooth was a free upgrade on all zetecs.

I just found these at a dealers which seem similar:

Fiesta 3dr Zetec S 1.6 120ps with Street Pack & B'th+USB 2009MY

SeaGrey/FairlandSyracu

In Stock

£12,854

PantherB/FairlandSyracu

In Stock

£12,854

MoondustS/FairlandSyra

In Stock

£12,854

MoondustS/FairlandSyra

In Stock

£12,854

Dave

It was a stock car as my focus needed replacing ASAP due to a steering fault and after spending a fortune replacing the power steering pump and associated parts I wanted to get rid before I had to splash out more on it.

The Zetec S I have bought is a 2010.5 MY 1.6 120PS Non SPV.

I did buy it on the 2 year options finance deal and did a part x for my Focus LX 05 - got a fair price (£3400) for my focus considering the mechanical faults on it and the interior isn't in the best condition due to my 4 1/2 year old son and his fruit shoots!

It was a stock car as my focus needed replacing ASAP due to a steering fault and after spending a fortune replacing the power steering pump and associated parts I wanted to get rid before I had to splash out more on it.

The Zetec S I have bought is a 2010.5 MY 1.6 120PS Non SPV.

I did buy it on the 2 year options finance deal and did a part x for my Focus LX 05 - got a fair price (£3400) for my focus considering the mechanical faults on it and the interior isn't in the best condition due to my 4 1/2 year old son and his fruit shoots!

Looks like they have over valued your part ex,rather than giving you discount off the list price.

At the end of the day you have the same discount,just accounted for differently.

Just Out of interest ,whats the GFV after 2 years ?

Dave

Blimey,55% depreciation over 24 months,Ford are certainly pricing the risk in their favour.

I would think the option to buy at month 24 would be very tempting at that price level.

Dave

As long as I don't have any problems with the car I will be buying it at the end of the 24 month period.

I bought a Corsa SXI in 2002 brand new and had nothing but hassle with it, had to have 2 new power steering systems fitted, 2 new front seats and Perry's kindly changed my tyre and put the jack trough the floor of the car. Only had it 11 months before Vauxhall replaced the car.

I've just paid £13,100 for a Zetec-S 1.6 TCDi in white :) bluetooth & USB included (no Street pack on diesels, boo hoo!)

• 2 weeks later...

i paid 15000 for a zetec s 1.6 tdci with black leather, bluetoth, vc, usb, auto h/lamps and wipers, and also to buy the street pack alloys and to tint the rear windows, also got the spare wheeland the tech pack

• 3 months later...

I just bought a fiesta zetec-s, white with street pack, paint protection, camera, rear centre head restraint, climate control, leather, auto wiper / lights, usb sat nav, interior pack 2 and keyless start. Brand new @ £14200 - pretty good deal me thinks! Delivery next friday... Can't wait!!!

Got my white zetec s with bluetooth/usb, auto lights/wipers and street pack for 11500. But i work for a ford dealership.

Jennings in South Shields have a Zetec S in for 11500, with all those extras and privacy glass. It has 3k miles on & is 6 months old. Didn't offer me a good p/x went elsewhere

Jennings in South Shields have a Zetec S in for 11500, with all those extras and privacy glass. It has 3k miles on & is 6 months old. Didn't offer me a good p/x went elsewhere

Mines had 7 miles on it and was new :)

I paid £9,999 for my '59 Zetec S Ti-VCT in sea grey with Street pack, (6,000 miles) from motorpoint

It's £190 a month for 3.5 years (including free RAC breakdown cover for 3 years and 3.5 years of GAP insurance), it has a GFV of £4,000

Quite happy with that, was more happy when I got the V5 Document back to find it's only had one lady owner too :D

I was offered one for 12,000 new with street pack but no other extras, it was made in 2009 but wasnt registered so would of been a 10 plate that was sitting in a compound I think. I took that offer ot my local Benfield as I know a sales guy there and they said they couldnt beat it as that was already made before the ford price hikes but I managed to get a FW ZS built to spec from factory for 13000(13450 but ford finance take off 450 as it was bought outright with a 2 year ford loan.

Spec is in the sig.

Jay

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club