Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear View Camera

Duncy

I ordered my Fiesta Sport Van with a factory fitted camera and I am not impressed with the quality of the screen shots. It went OTR 1st Sept on a 72 plate. I have wiped and cleaned the lens many times but I still get a hazy picture on the dash monitor. Get a far better picture on my Type R's camera BTW. Anybody out there had issues with their rear view camera? Van got fitted with an EBC 330mm Big Brake kit last week. Just as well it is equipped with anti-lock bakes. It is on Ford's 18" wheels.

34C6D25C-E99B-4236-AE73-81419584CC6B.jpeg

Night and day views on mine, if it's any help:

IMG_20191230_163006_hdr.jpg

DSC_0061.JPG

• Like 2

Go to the dealer, take a look at another one and if yours is significantly worse, you have something to show them.

My screen shots, in daylight, are not as clear as yours. More like the top shot but worse. I think a dealer visit is called for. Thanks for the replies.

I would guess you have moisture inside, misting up the lense

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ecosport2019 said:

I would guess you have moisture inside, misting up the lense

Quite possible, given that the camera seems to be positioned so as to attract water and dirt if the road has the slightest hint of damp!😀 It's really only useful when it's completely dry.

That was my line of thinking, moisture inside and really only useful on a dry day. Not too sure if I can dismantle it and clean/dry it out.Thanks for the replies.

2 hours ago, Duncy said:

That was my line of thinking, moisture inside and really only useful on a dry day. Not too sure if I can dismantle it and clean/dry it out.Thanks for the replies.

With a new vehicle I'd be inclined to get back to the dealer in the first instance. 

As I mentioned, the camera is positioned so as to be vulnerable to moisture etc thrown up from the road, but it should be sealed to prevent it actually getting inside.

My "dry day" comment referred to the camera being obscured after driving on wet roads and being little use when you arrive at your destination, unless you have time to jump out and give it a thorough wipe before reversing.

If there is moisture inside the camera then it will take more than just a few dry days for it to clear itself.

If the camera is fine before driving off and after giving it a wipe but is poor after driving then there is nothing wrong with it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tizer said:

If the camera is fine before driving off and after giving it a wipe but is poor after driving then there is nothing wrong with it

Duncan did say he'd cleaned the lens thoroughly, though.

Couple more thoughts.

- Could this be yet another item where quality has taken a hit recently?

- Or perhaps these things vary anyway.

I test drove 5 different cars in November, and the resolution of the rear view cameras did vary quite a bit. Can't remember which was best/worst as I was concentrating on other things, but one was a Puma I had for a day and I'm sure the camera image was less clear than mine. I actually cleaned it a couple of times but it made no difference. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club