Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford focus m2 cluster panel

Guyzer

Hi had my focus cluster panel resoldered but I’m having a slight delay on the dash light up coming on and 3 lights staying on for 9 secs then all clear and runs ok every time I start any help much appreciated 

11 hours ago, Guyzer said:

Hi had my focus cluster panel resoldered but I’m having a slight delay on the dash light up coming on and 3 lights staying on for 9 secs then all clear and runs ok every time I start any help much appreciated 

Also just noticed power windows don’t work for 9 seconds then I hear a click from dash then all works could this be ignition switch problem 

1 hour ago, Guyzer said:

Also just noticed power windows don’t work for 9 seconds then I hear a click from dash then all works could this be ignition switch problem 

Did this 9 second delay only start after the cluster was repaired, or was it evident before?

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Did this 9 second delay only start after the cluster was repaired, or was it evident before?

Only when repaired but was looking around the forums and could be the ignition switch was getting a little suspicious before sent the cluster away 

Don’t think mot would pass this or would they because all lights clear eventually 

13 minutes ago, Guyzer said:

Don’t think mot would pass this or would they because all lights clear eventually 

Which lights are staying on?

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Don’t think mot would pass this or would they because all lights clear eventually no dash lights stay on all clears after 9 secs

Have you asked the cluster repairer?, the one I used was an expert in that field and would be best placed to advise

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guyzer said:

Don’t think mot would pass this or would they because all lights clear eventually no dash lights stay on all clears after 9 secs

There is no time limit given in the MOT manual.

Wording is simply 'light indicates a fault' for ABS, Airbags, EML and a few others.  (Not all lights part of the test).

I would say they should pass despite the delay, but it'll be down to tester discretion if they deem the delay to suggest a fault is present.

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The dash light up sloppy road light and heater plug light with engine light all rest go out power windows don’t operate for 9 secs weird aint it

3 hours ago, RL123 said:

Have you asked the cluster repairer?, the one I used was an expert in that field and would be best placed to advise

Have sent a message to the company waiting for response i checked all feedback customer service all good so  i will wait and see what comes out of it maybe because the cluster was faulty these lights didn’t come on but funny it effects the windows as well

Low 12v battery voltage can upset modules but the 9 second delay is wierd. Cranking voltage while cranking should not be below 8-9 volts. 
Results from the obd scan using Forscan or similar may help (dtc).

51 minutes ago, RL123 said:

Low 12v battery voltage can upset modules but the 9 second delay is wierd. Cranking voltage while cranking should not be below 8-9 volts. 
Results from the obd scan using Forscan or similar may help (dtc).

Ok going to change the ignition switch first to see if that helps was a bit dodgy a couple of times on startup then if not go for Forscan and look at the result of that suspicious the way the windows are delayed on opening to for 9 seconds 

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

There is no time limit given in the MOT manual.

Wording is simply 'light indicates a fault' for ABS, Airbags, EML and a few others.  (Not all lights part of the test).

I would say they should pass despite the delay, but it'll be down to tester discretion if they deem the delay to suggest a fault is     Yeah that’s very true Tom thanks, all being well I can figure this one out 

• Like 1

Got this sorted it was ignition switch after all leaves a delay on lights going out  on dash and most electrics not working although engine will start 

• Thanks 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club