Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3.4 Jan23 Update?

SgtAWilson

Just been on Fords Official Sync 3 Update website and have been offered a new update;

Download file named:  NU5T-14G381-AA.zip

Seems to include a new Voicefile and SyncApp update

Has anyone installed this, and if so what version does it bring things up to?

Many thanks

Dunno, I'll pop over to Cyanlabs and take a look to see if it is new to them.

The latest incarnation is 22251 which fixes a clock issue on the non nav models.

I find the F11 map package is to be avoided because the voice control requires you to spell everything out whereas F10 will navigate based on "110 West Street  Slushton."

12 minutes ago, SgtAWilson said:

Just been on Fords Official Sync 3 Update website and have been offered a new update

Hello Arthur, you seem to have been missing from the forum for months, or have you just been lurking 🤣 ?

I'll have a check of mine tomorrow and see if there's anything new.

• Haha 1

@unofix  I have been lurking and keeping up with the posts, but nothing much I could add any of my wisdom to i'm afraid.

Hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year, and that all goes well this coming year!

• Thanks 1

Anyone actually managed to download through the official link?

Mine keeps failing after about 550mb downloaded.

EDIT:

NVM, gave it 5 mins and it downloaded fine.

• Like 1

USB update applied - took around 40 minutes with no issues - Now updated to Sync 3.4.22200

1 hour ago, anon said:

That is a good update. what version of maps do you have?

F11 - but like you say, it has the cr@p address search feature

Doesn't it ever. Cyanlabs have an updater but be careful with the 2020 model and find out if they have a workaround. I rolled my F11 back to F10 and lost the speak and spell address search.

Talking through my hat Arthur. I am pretty certain that the maps can be downgraded without risk. the 2020 APIMs have problems with Sync upgrades but the maps are a separate package.

Hmm, I think ill wait until the next map update to see whether Ford change the search function back to how it was.

Actually does anyone know how Sync 4 deals with the address search?

I doubt if they will. I expect that the F11 map package takes up too much space to allow the other system.

Does anyone know if updates apply to all cars? I have a 2021 Focus ST Line X and my version is 3.4.20136 and finds no new updates when I search for them online/via the cars WiFi. I’ve tried this multiple times over a month…

ED686E08-AE9D-49FB-B593-89DF1CF02825.jpeg

85C17409-62CF-4206-A110-A48BF91A7CB0.jpeg

22 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

The WiFi updates can be unreliable, use the website and do it via USB:

https://www.ford.co.uk/support/sync-maps-updates#/

It tends to roll out by model and sync version. So all Focus with Sync 3.4 will be offered the same update at the same time.

Ahh good man. Thanks for the info. Do you have to put the update in a specific folder or should it just work off the root usb location? Assume it has to be formatted in FAT or  NTFS?

Unzip the download to the root of the USB. You should have an autoinstall.lst file and a SyncMyRide folder. Also a DONTINDX.MSA file but it's not important if that bit is missing.

It should be FAT32 or exFAT.

9 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Unzip the download to the root of the USB. You should have an autoinstall.lst file and a SyncMyRide folder. Also a DONTINDX.MSA file but it's not important if that bit is missing.

It should be FAT32 or exFAT.

Appreciated. I’ll aim to do this now. Hoping it may fix my DAB issue where it finds no stations but I’m guessing not!

I doubt that as I have not had problems with DAB in multiple different versions. I reckon that is an aerial problem.

30 minutes ago, DannG said:

Appreciated. I’ll aim to do this now. Hoping it may fix my DAB issue where it finds no stations but I’m guessing not!

Do you have a dashcam?

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Do you have a dashcam?

Yep. I read about the dash cams messing with them. I have two actually. Front and rear. Independent of each other. Front is NextBase and rear is unbranded and stuck to the black plastic off the glass due to DAB but doesn’t make any difference. I was going to remove both cams and see if doing so allowed me to search for stations but as they are hardwired, I haven’t as assume maybe the cables for them also cause interference….really annoying. Wasn’t an issue with my MK3.5!

4 minutes ago, anon said:

So pull the dashcam fuses and they will not cause interference.

Good point. Assuming the cable being “present” in the car without being live still doesn’t cause a problem?!

has anyone had this issue and confirmed by removing dash cams that their DAB stations come back to being “searchable”?

2 hours ago, anon said:

I doubt that as I have not had problems with DAB in multiple different versions. I reckon that is an aerial problem.

Interestingly, when I bought the car I asked about the sharkfin on the roof, as it was black, rather than red (same colour as car)….the salesman obviously made up some story about it but ultimately said he didn’t know why it didn’t match like it did on other cars.  

I did a bit more research and found some other models with black ones but wasn’t sure if that was a year/model change thing or just random. Bottom line is I wonder if it was causing an issue before and it’s been broken/changed etc and still is an issue??!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club