Do Not Sell My Personal Information

security locking wheel nut

Lambros Lefkaditis

Hi guys

I just purchased an smax and the security locking wheel nut is missing so i can`t take the wheels off.

Is there any way i can find the correct code for it as i want to buy it online and not from a main dealer as you know they are charging a fortune

Thanks

On a 2016 model, I assume these are the later type with 'notches' around the edge, rather than the older McGard type?

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

On a 2016 model, I assume these are the later type with 'notches' around the edge, rather than the older McGard type?

2016 will be the later type. 

• Like 2

I very much doubt you will find the code for it. I take it you have looked under the rear drivers/passengers  side floor compartment where the emergency tyre inflator kit is? 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, iantt said:

2016 will be the later type. 

21 hours ago, Lambros Lefkaditis said:

Hi guys

I just purchased an smax and the security locking wheel nut is missing so i can`t take the wheels off.

Is there any way i can find the correct code for it as i want to buy it online and not from a main dealer as you know they are charging a fortune

Thanks

Not sure what type it is guys but the dealership i bought the car from they were useless.

Definatelly nothing in the car and even contacted customer relations to see if they can help but the advised to go to a dealer which will be expensive

You've definately checked being the drivers chair?

I did not know this when i purchased my car in December, even the manual is pretty vague.

Lift the passenger floor mat and there is a secret compartment, lift this and you'll find the jack, tow hook etc, your nut may be in there.

FYI, i recently took off all my wheels one by one to give a proper good clean, on tightening 2 of my locking bolts snapped. (the wee positioning nipple bit).

Had to use a hefty torque wrench to get them back off, now changed all lug nuts to black with no locking nut, figure who wants to steal 7 year old slightly rashed alloys....

• Like 1

Had my tyres changed at a garage they didn't give the adapter back so I had my local mechanic take them off for me had to buy new nuts tho apparently the AA has the tool to do it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club