Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Washer jets.

anthonywilliams

My kuga has been, in and out of the dealers, for year. The same applied, to my previous kuga.After being repaired, about four to six weeks later,the jets stop again, only one, passenger side driver side varies. The car is in dealers as we speak. When get it back, I am not fully confident, that it will last. Every thing on the system, has been changed. I have contacted , Ford UK, and they said, the problem isn't a country wide matter. Anthony.

I use the Ford concentrate with deionised water as we live in a hard water area and mk3 Kuga heated washer jets are prone to blocking.

Disconnect the heater wires and use enough concentrate to keep the washer fluid from freezing?

7 hours ago, RL123 said:

Ford concentrate with deionised water

Sounds sensible, although I use Autoglym or Rainx.

Never suffered from block washer jets apart from Fairy Liquid in a MkII Capri.....  So no suggestions, I'm afraid

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have a 2018 kuga titanium with heated washers I have owned it for 2years and I have replaced the washers 4 times in that period what is the cure

• Sad 1

I find this a very odd fault. Of all the systems that are in current cars, the 'washer' system has been a feature for generations. A reservoir of water & cleaning fluid, forced by  pump, onto the windscreen via 2 x squirty things! Hard to believe anything can go wrong apart from a pump failure, or some errant grit in the washer nozzle.

I've been lucky, in over 4 decades of car ownership, I've only ever had to refill washer bottle at appropriate times, and use a needle point to make sure I squirt the solution on my own screen rather than over shoot and hit car behind like so many!

Look forward to reading the eventual solution!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keith Revill said:

I have replaced the washers 4 times in that period what is the cure

I assume that you have the 'mist' jets rather than the traditional twin jet nozzles ?

The usual cause of repeated failures of them becoming blocked is foreign matter in the screen wash tank. This can be caused by mixing different makes/types of screen wash fluid which then forms a gel which blocks the mist jets.

The only answer is to clean out the tank and refill with concentrated screen wash which should then clean out the pipes.

halfords.JPG

I had same issue.  Passenger side Wheel off arch pulled back.  Remove pump and clean the gel that’s blocking small filter. Once done back to normal. 

IMG_0996.jpeg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club