Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking For The Heads Up Please.

RZP455

Hi guys just trying  to find out for sure has my 2015 MK 3.5 focus with the 2.0 duratorq diesel engine have a timing chain or belt, help much appreciated.

Regards Aidan

I'd double-check.  My 2013 Duratorq has a belt though it is possible that it's changed in those two years, perhaps.

• Like 2

Thanks, Unofix.  I spent some time last night on the web, doubting what I was "sure" I knew!  When you search ECP for a 'timing chain' for this engine you get a hit, with a picture of it and a price, which really confused me.

But it is for the shorter chain that drives the OTHER camshaft from the camshaft driven by the belt-driven one in your diagram. So I suppose that IS a 'timing chain' - and explains why I found a website headed "list of Ford engines and whether they have belt or chain" and for the Duratorq it said "belt and chain".

• Like 1

Yes I think it must be a Ford thing, they can't decide which to use so in the end they opt for both !!

A bit like the revised Ecoboost engine with the new timing chain, but let's just keep the belt for the oil pump 🤣

The Ford designed 2.0 TDCI engine from around 2000-2005 is a chain.

The PSA DW10 engine sold by Ford as a 2.0 TDCI from 2005 onwards is a belt.

The Ford designed 2.0 Ecoblue from 2016 is a wet belt

I genuinely thought the DW10 was a chain, I should have checked first apologies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The 16v 1.6 TDCI (2004 PSA/FoMoCo joint venture) also used a chain between the cams and a dry belt from cam to crank.

I miss my Honda VFR motorbike 🏍️ that had gear driven camshafts! 

• Like 1