Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ODB2 (DTC) error codes

DannG

Hey All,

Just had my mate over to diag the car for the first time since I bought it and 2 faults showed.

Car hasn’t ever been serviced and Ford gave me no documentation to state these codes had been completed.

Has anyone had any issues previously with the following codes? Can’t find much online about them.

Appreciate it’s a long shot but wanted to ask.

Thanks

6F7495AD-6065-4B40-AA47-CCA53655FB64.jpeg

33455345-622F-4383-9BFB-6DC010D1388D.jpeg

If you feel the need to check the car for DTC's then you need to use something that can read all Ford specific codes. Generic code readers will only show some codes and also the will not always give much (if any) information about the DTC's they do show.

Use FORScan.

Free download for laptops: https://forscan.org/download.html

vLinker FS cable: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vgate-vLinker-Adapter-FORScan-MS-CAN/dp/B0952P4MLP/ref=asc_df_B0952P4MLP/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=534732308385&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5190876651442518266&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006688&hvtargid=pla-1430824679036&psc=1

• Like 1

Absolutely. Use FORscan, they're probably just historical codes.

Clear them down and see what comes back

Thanks chaps. 

Do any of the cheaper cables work on eBay vs the amazon link above? Found one for £15. Assume as none are official they should all be the same but I know that’s now how it always works….

For just reading and clearing DTCs a cheap lead will just about do, but make sure it has the toggle switch to switch between CAN networks or you won't see all the DTCs

The only ELM327(modified) that used to be recommended is the one from TunnelRat Electronics

https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/USB_Modified_with_switch_ELM327/p4541936_17045457.aspx

from their website...

Our devices can access both HS CAN and MS CAN via the built in toggle switch and is very easy to use and setup.
This device works with Windows PC Ford software such as Elmconfig, Forscan, FF2, Conversmod and FoCCCus. It can also be used with other car makes and other ELM327 compatible OBD software.

• Like 1

Quite like the look of the vGate vLinker actually, as it auto switches which I guess means you don’t have to reconnect and switch over to the different ‘bud’ versions?

Either way, can you activate any features with this (if your car can allow it) or is it simply diag only?

Yes you can alter stuff with the obd readers as long as you are using the full windows version of forscan and not the andriod / iPhone versions.      Edit: I can’t tell you what extra things you can do with vlinker that are not possible with elm327 but you definitely can do some programming with the elm327 device from tunnel rat. 

3 hours ago, unofix said:

The only ELM327(modified) that used to recommended is the one from TunnelRat Electronics

https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/USB_Modified_with_switch_ELM327/p4541936_17045457.aspx

from their website...

Our devices can access both HS CAN and MS CAN via the built in toggle switch and is very easy to use and setup.
This device works with Windows PC Ford software such as Elmconfig, Forscan, FF2, Conversmod and FoCCCus. It can also be used with other car makes and other ELM327 compatible OBD software.

So sorry to question it…but earlier you sent the link to the vGate one on Amazon…and in this comment a link to the TunnelRat one…is there a difference? And if so, which one is better? 

Ultimately price of the cable isn’t an issue considering the low costs, so I’d rather pay more for a cable that’s guaranteed to work. Usually the more expensive one is the better but in this instance the TunnelRat one is cheaper…so a bit confused!

Happy to avoid any eBay jobs and buy one of these as long as I can program the extra features!

Oh and is FORscan for windows the full version…and free?

The cable in the link to amazon is the new 'automatic switching' vLinker FS cable. It is suitable for all ford vehicles both old and new that FORScan supports. It also is the only cable now recommended for use with FORScan. It also supports 18 volt programming which is required on newer models for certain module updates.

The cable in the link to TunnelRat Electronics is the original recommended ELM327(modified) cable. It works with older model Fords and will operate with new models but requires manual switching between the Medium Speed (MS) Canbus and the High Speed Canbus. It does not support 18 volt programming, but is able to make changes and updates to most modules.

If you can afford the vLinker FS cable then I would recommend that as it currently supports all programming of both old and new Fords.

FORScan for use on a windows laptop is free and does 90% of tasks. You can buy an extended two year full use licence for around £12 if my memory serves me. The extended licence allows for things like reprogramming of remote keyfobs.

I haven’t checked if forscan still offer it, but I did some key programming using free time limited trial of the extended version. I’m guessing I wouldn’t be able to do that again as it would say I’d already had a free trial before. 

1 hour ago, unofix said:

The cable in the link to Amazon is the new 'automatic switching' vLinker FS cable. It is suitable for all ford vehicles both old and new that FORScan supports. It also is the only cable now recommended for use with FORScan. It also supports 18 volt programming which is required on newer models for certain module updates.

The cable in the link to TunnelRat Electronics is the original recommended ELM327(modified) cable. It works with older model Fords and will operate with new models but requires manual switching between the Medium Speed (MS) Canbus and the High Speed Canbus. It does not support 18 volt programming, but is able to make changes and updates to most modules.

If you can afford the vLinker FS cable then I would recommend that as it currently supports all programming of both old and new Fords.

Legend. Cheers bud. I’ll get that 😀

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DannG said:

Quite like the look of the vGate vLinker actually, as it auto switches which I guess means you don’t have to reconnect and switch over to the different ‘bud’ versions?

Either way, can you activate any features with this (if your car can allow it) or is it simply diag only?

Yes, depending on hardware fitted.

Auto locking etc

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club