Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.8 tdci 2007 broken part

Redz0121

Hi guys I need your help. About a month ago I was driving my focus and I stailed the car and there was this really loud bang. Sounded like metal on metal bang. Didn’t think to much of it as I no cars and got home and put it on the lift and had a good look around and didn’t find or see anything odd. Than I was driving the other day in the wet and spun the wheels and again there was like banging happening but not as loud to when I stailed the car before hand. Again I looked under the car couldn’t see anything. I’ve since put new pads and disc on the back and looked around again to make sure things looked good. I myself have put new wishbones on both front sides and front left wheel bearing so I no it’s definitely not got anything to do when the front wishbone parts. So tonight popping to the shop I’ve gone over a speed bump and there was a banging around sound from under the car front end. Turned round and the piece of a end of something lieing on the floor so I’ve looked at it thinking could be the end of the anti roll bar but no. Looking at it I just can’t work it out. I’ve not looked under the car yet as it’s night time but will be looking around tomorrow and I hope I can find something out to where it as snapped off from but any help would be good. All I no it that the bang sounded like it was from the front end more around the back of the engine under where the gear stick is so yeah I can’t seem to find any parts online that look like this, thanks. 

F9184EB1-5EF8-42B8-8678-2A3A7FBDE2DA.jpeg

233EDF4D-702A-4CFE-AF77-F8F98A88C5D0.jpeg

285B408A-5730-4CB9-87CA-3F5947EBB15C.jpeg

F8CC941D-30EB-46F9-BDEA-72CAB909B367.jpeg

Just a wuick one. I have myself do a clutch change on this car and with the rust on the thing I didn’t come past it so really don’t think it’s to do with the gearbox. 

It looks like the anti roll bar drop link has broke off

• Like 1

I’ve looked all over. It’s not anti roll bar and can’t find where from anywhere….   I’m lost. 

Are you sure it's off your car? It looks a pretty ancient part.

I’m not to sure where it as came from. All the anti roll bushs are on the focus so it could of been a old one I just don’t know tbf the car drives good still for the ash and the mileage at 124.500 so yeah I’ve looked and can’t find anything broken oh well thanks for the info from you guys 👍

Although it looks like a ball joint (droplink/TRE) at first glance, the plastic shield is the wrong way round and, stating the obvious, there's no ball either.

I've done a lot of work on Mk2s and been wracking my brain trying to think what it might be.  Still can't work it out though. :unsure:

Same mate that’s where my head as gone. Cuz if it as broke off somewhere than it would have something on it which it don’t so I have not a clue. I’ve had a good look under the car and everything looks right. As it’s so rusty the only thing I can think of is it’s a old part and as dropped somewhere and no one could get it and left it or ?????????? I’m lost but car is driving find so god knows. Thinks for your reply buddy. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club