Do Not Sell My Personal Information

exhaust particulate matter sensor

scotty79

anyone else had this alert? 

got it scanned and was told it was one of the sensors but there’s 3 and he doesn’t know which one it is and doesn’t know how to narrow it down to which one it could be, he’s also told me he’s waiting on a call back from someone he knows from ford to help him out but every time i speak to him he’s not heard nothing back 

lookimg for a bit more insight and info if any has any, thanks 

310460B6-EF02-476F-8AA6-3D64C58E7A56.jpeg

That alert is just an alert, no one can do a proper diagnosis from that alone, the proper codes need to be read first and Live Data as well as further Inspection and testing from there.

FORScan can do the necessary diagnostic work as can other professional Scanners. If the person looking at your car is not suitably equipped then they might get lucky or not.

• Like 1

it was scanned at a garage, i can’t remember exactly what he said the codes said but it was to do with sensors, that’s when he said there’s 3 of them he just didn’t know exactly which one of the three it was

would forscan or even a better code reader to what he probably has tell better which one it exactly is?

• Sad 1

I wouldn't bother with the garage you used. If a DTC is stored , then it really should narrow down the sensor. Also data logging the sensors should show a dodgy sensor. You need to use a garage who know what there doing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There will be a few Sensors on the DPF/CAT Assembly but I doubt if 3 of them are Temperature ones. I'm not familiar with the version of Engine on your car but you may be able to find an online Parts Catalogue or Workshop Manual online that has an exploded view of the DPF/CAT Assembly to see what is what.

If the Alert in Ford Pass is correct and it is a Temperature Sensor then as well as getting the correct Code you should be able to see a Live Readout of what temperature the PCM is seeing from the Sensor(s).

Even if there are 3 then if one is showing no reading then it would not be difficult to work out which one it was by disconnecting one at a time.

If it/one of them is showing no or a default reading then either the Sensor is faulty, there is a Wiring fault or a PCM fault.

I've just seen Ian's reply and agree with it. 

thanks for the replies guys, 

should have stated it’s a st-line x 1.5l diesel

can see me taking it back to arnold clark and having to just fork out the money to them

Two temp sensors - one pre cat, one post cat.  And an O2 (lambda) sensor right at the top elbow.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Two temp sensors - one pre cat, one post cat.  And an O2 (lambda) sensor right at the top elbow.

Shouldn't be difficult to work out what one is faulty then without disconnecting one.

The first one is probably called the Exhaust Raw Temperature or something similar and the second one the CAT Temperature or something like that. 

• Like 2

is the dpf/cat at the front of the engine bay? i know there’s three sensors on that which i would have thought would be easy to check and replace which one  is faulty

13 hours ago, scotty79 said:

is the dpf/cat at the front of the engine bay? i know there’s three sensors on that which i would have thought would be easy to check and replace which one  is faulty

Yes that's right.  Very easy to access on this engine.

• Like 1