Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help...please

Alexis94040

Recently i had a DPF changed because the old one was destroyed with the catalyst too...

After that i have to mentioned that nobody at the dealer's knew the reasons why my DPF exploded to hell....

Is my oil consumption responsive for the clogged DPF?

I have a great amount of oil consumption at about 400ml per 1000 kilometers (621 miles).

I have asked everybody who owns the same car here in Greece and told me that they have no oil consumption or a small oil consumption about 500ml every 6000-7000 miles which is a very little one.

I am in such a despair because that oil cloggs my dpf and is a matter of time being bestroyed again...

I am afraid to travel long distances due to such a consumption because when i make a travel consumption gets bigger....

If someone could give me an honest answer from his experience with tha same car....Ford Greece is such a failure...they always trying to justify every single damage...my Double Mass Flywheel sounds like an old traktor when the car is cold from the second day i bought it. I asked them for that and they told me that is out of consideration and there is no problem at all...

My car is 

FORD FOCUS ECOBLUE

1.500cc /120ps/31 kg torque

2020 MK4 MODEL/ BOUGHT IT NEW.

Thanks a lot in advance...

I am such in a great despair....

I did 32,000 miles (50,000KM??) in my 2019 1.5 Ecoblue and apart from regular oil changes it never used a drop of oil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have the same model on a 2019 reg and have owned it from almost new ( 6 months old) and so far I have never had to put one drop of oil in other than during service intervals.

As for the flywheel noise, yes they are noisy when cold but that's about par for majority of diesels unless yours is excessively clattering. Once it warms up you will still be able to notice but should not be as apparent.

It currently done 21k since new.

Edited by Wino
Additional information
  • Thanks 1

I always thought the rattling was the layshaft, not the flywheel.

Mine disn't start doing it until about 6,000 miles, I just presumed it was the same, cheap/weak gearbox fitted to the MK3.5 1.5 TDCi

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

I always thought the rattling was the layshaft, not the flywheel.

Mine disn't start doing it until about 6,000 miles, I just presumed it was the same, cheap/weak gearbox fitted to the MK3.5 1.5 TDCi

Tbh Dave  I've no idea, it makes the same rattle and noise that the majority of diesel cars do.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wino said:

I have the same model on a 2019 reg and have owned it from almost new ( 6 months old) and so far I have never had to put one drop of oil in other than during service intervals.

As for the flywheel noise, yes they are noisy when cold but that's about par for majority of diesels unless yours is excessively clattering. Once it warms up you will still be able to notice but should not be as apparent.

It currently done 21k since new.

I check the dipstick for oil every 7 days.It really consumes oil after 1000kms but i do not know the reason...i am afraid that the turbine has a real problem due to short distance trips or something like that....i am afraid i bought the car that factory tests after the making of it to stress the engine in a specific order to check the reliability...i am such an unfortune...thanks for your reply, now i am convinced that i have to get a serious argument with them.

3 hours ago, Alexis94040 said:

I check the dipstick for oil every 7 days.It really consumes oil after 1000kms but i do not know the reason...i am afraid that the turbine has a real problem due to short distance trips or something like that....i am afraid i bought the car that factory tests after the making of it to stress the engine in a specific order to check the reliability...i am such an unfortune...thanks for your reply, now i am convinced that i have to get a serious argument with them.

Our Focus for the last 6 months goes 1 ( one) mile each way to take the Mrs to work x 4 days a week. Other than that it sits on the driveway unless we decide to venture out somewhere  which isnt very often. So I'm not sure why your Focus is having Turbo issues due to short trips.

• Thanks 1

The maximum quoted oil Consumption for my Petrol Engine is 0.5L per 1000km according to Ford, which is ridiculously high. I don't know if your Diesel Engine is supposed to be the same. My oil level does not drop between services.

You may have to tell Ford a little white lie and say your one is more than that before they will do anything about it.

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2023 at 10:23 PM, Wino said:

Our Focus for the last 6 months goes 1 ( one) mile each way to take the Mrs to work x 4 days a week. Other than that it sits on the driveway unless we decide to venture out somewhere  which isnt very often. So I'm not sure why your Focus is having Turbo issues due to short trips.

My wife also uses the car these cold days for a 3 mile trip in town with an average temperature of 1o-2o C (37o F). I believe those short trips destroy engine oil and the engine in general...I always drive my Yamaha to work instead of my car for the reason of respect to my wife to be warm and safe. Today i took the car for a small trip just to warm up for good the engine and DPF and it eventually got a DPF regeneration during that trip.. With a brand new DPF filter on the engine and with only 240 kms on it a regen took place!!!

Something goes wrong with my car and i can not find what. 

Every style of driving even if it is a relaxed one gives it an oil consumption and frequent DPF regens...

I think that the oil consumption is the predominant reason for that because it can not make it into ashes easilly...

Thanks a lot for your reply!

I think that the time for selling it has come!!!

On 2/9/2023 at 10:32 PM, Tizer said:

The maximum quoted Oil Consumption for my Petrol Engine is 0.5L per 1000km according to Ford, which is ridiculously high. I don't know if your Diesel Engine is supposed to be the same. My Oil level does not drop between services.

You may have to tell Ford a little white lie and say your one is more than that before they will do anything about it.

I told them that oil consumption has rised to 700ml per 1000 kms (lie) and they didnt even listened to me answering that it is acceptable by Ford.

Such a crap...Ford is the worst dealership. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club