Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mhev mpg

Smartd00d

I’ve probably mentioned this before, but I’m still in awe of the Mhev engine’s efficiency on normal mostly motorway driving.

I live in South London and need to navigate various B and A roads before getting to the M roads. 
Here we are 117 miles in to a 160 mile trip averaging 61.6mpg! That’s insane for mostly 60-70mph driving with a about 20 inner M25 driving!

Filled up just before journey and you can see the remaining in the tank and calculated remaining mls at 449. That’s a tank range of 567 miles.

Who needs diesel or electric eh?!

E9D0172D-09DF-43DE-A8F3-9EDC719D1FE4.jpeg

• Like 2

That's very impressive! Looks like you need to update your profile btw - according to that you have a 2017 which wouldn't be MHEV?

Very true thanks, yes on a 21 STL-X now with 125 mhev. 

I have the same engine in a Titanium X trim. My journeys are mainly 3-5miles and that’s it. The occasional 10+ mile journey once a month and not much more. I’m averaging over the vehicles life 50mpg at the moment, which I think is simply amazing.

I'm still getting high 50's doing the brim-to-brim method despite slightly colder weather. My commute is around 22 miles each way with a mixture of dual carriage way, town and country roads, my town driving is early in the morning so not really stop-start traffic. I'm getting around 55-58mpg at the moment but achieved 62.7mpg back in September doing the same route, again measured brim-to-brim.

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Have you done the brim test to check how accurate the computer is?

I find the on-board computer reads an average of 3 mpg too high...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Have you done the brim test to check how accurate the computer is? 🤔

Yes, good point Tom. Any mpg I quote on here is for a tankful on the "brim to brim" basis.

My best by that method with the Fiesta is 53, but I have seen higher numbers on the computer.

(Btw, intrigued as to how the shot of the trip readout was taken when the car was apparently doing 60+?) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

when the car was apparently doing 60+?)

The wonders of 'Photoshop' 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, unofix said:

The wonders of 'Photoshop' 🤣

Not a very "Smartdood" afterall 🤣

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club