Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Lights

ford focus edge

Right well im bored lol so i was thinking about changing alot of bulbs over to led such as numberplate lights, the high level brake light and also fitting some ambient lighting http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/product_info.php?osCsid=d665e639742052db76d4adb53d08b7cf&currency=GBP&products_id=966&osCsid=d665e639742052db76d4adb53d08b7cf

About the night lighting though ive modified my existing wiring to allow me to fit the ghia maplights which dont have the night lighting will i need to faf about with more wires or should they come on anyway when the side lights are flicked on.

High level brake light - can i fit standard white LED Bulbs into this or will i need to fit red, it still has the standard red lense in

Numberplate lights - these should be a standard swap over? festoon fitment/"501"

Mike

Right well im bored lol so i was thinking about changing alot of bulbs over to led such as numberplate lights, the high level brake light and also fitting some ambient lighting http://www.european-...6d4adb53d08b7cf

About the night lighting though ive modified my existing wiring to allow me to fit the ghia maplights which dont have the night lighting will i need to faf about with more wires or should they come on anyway when the side lights are flicked on.

High level brake light - can i fit standard white led bulbs into this or will i need to fit red, it still has the standard red lense in

Numberplate lights - these should be a standard swap over? festoon fitment/"501"

Mike

word of warning without the resistors in place the leds will blow and wont work right the headlights and brake lights all need in line resistors or they either blow or/and give major electrical gremlins the ghia maplights were a straight swap on mine so that part i cant comment on

word of warning without the resistors in place the leds will blow and wont work right the headlights and brake lights all need in line resistors or they either blow or/and give major electrical gremlins the ghia maplights were a straight swap on mine so that part i cant comment on

My led rear light clusters are all ok though, sidelights etc i just thought indicators were the issue because they flash to fast due to the low power consumption of the bulb's.

Haha yeah they were a straight swap in mine i just thought then it was the footwell lights i hacked into the loom for done to much to that car need to write it all down so i can remember what i did to what!

Mike

My led rear light clusters are all ok though, sidelights etc i just thought indicators were the issue because they flash to fast due to the low power consumption of the bulb's.

Haha yeah they were a straight swap in mine i just thought then it was the footwell lights i hacked into the loom for done to much to that car need to write it all down so i can remember what i did to what!

Mike

the indicators flashing too fast is a sure sign that you need resistors fitted thares some that fit in and you get away with it tyhen thaeres some that throw electrical gremlins in a few months down the line you dont want a fire so resistors are a must without them theres the slim chance they overheat the wiring

the indicators flashing too fast is a sure sign that you need resistors fitted thares some that fit in and you get away with it tyhen thaeres some that throw electrical gremlins in a few months down the line you dont want a fire so resistors are a must without them theres the slim chance they overheat the wiring

The clusters have been on for yonks now as have the side lights lol the rest are just on and off i wouldant change the indicator lights to much faf the main thing was the colour of the bulbs that il need in the high level brake light because white are 10 a penny where as red are hard to come by and the night lighting wiring into the other lights.

If my car caught fire i think id not really care get a nice insurance claim :P

The clusters have been on for yonks now as have the side lights lol the rest are just on and off i wouldant change the indicator lights to much faf the main thing was the colour of the bulbs that il need in the high level brake light because white are 10 a penny where as red are hard to come by and the night lighting wiring into the other lights.

If my car caught fire i think id not really care get a nice insurance claim :P

i would get the red and the white the red usually arent that great but ive seen some with the red bulbs fitted rather than the white get 2 of each and see whats best when the brakes are applied with the lights on go for whichever is brighter sometimes the white can look a bit dull compared to the red just make sure they are double filament bulbs

i would get the red and the white the red usually arent that great but ive seen some with the red bulbs fitted rather than the white get 2 of each and see whats best when the brakes are applied with the lights on go for whichever is brighter sometimes the white can look a bit dull compared to the red just make sure they are double filament bulbs

I'l get a set of both if money allows im now looking for a set of parking sensors if there not stupidally hard to fit becasue i nearly reversed into one of those hip height posts in the Halfords carpark today! would not of been impressed

Mike

fast indicators are a real pain in the !Removed! for the guy behind you, especially at night when they are brighter. you should sort that out.

heres a link for the resistors to stop the fast flashing My link

I sorted the indicator's out i just fitted normal chrome bulbs in place led's were to much faf for that part, going to get out there today and order me bulbs just hope they'll all work properly

LED Bulbs are by in large a non-starter, as most of the clusters that house the bulbs use reflectors to "amplify" the light. You will find most LED Bulbs poor in comparison to standard bulbs in terms of light output, as LEDs have an extremely focused light output.

Sidelights are probably your best bet to go over to LEDs, in particular the ones which have multiple LEDs in all directions. These utilise the cluster's reflectors to obtain a decent light output.

I've just put a set in my Mazda6 (see this thread )

If your interested in these bulbs, I got them here These are 501's which is the same as the Focus sidelight type.

I have tried loads of different LED's over the years, and these sidelights are head and shoulders above any other. They are superb.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300440865128&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2024wt_911 Those are the sidelight ones i was going to buy ive tested them on my cusin's astra coupe and there nice look like little eyes :P lol there going to be put into the 3rd rear brake light and the front sidelights, the numerplate light im going to take out today and measure to make sure its a 36mm or a 38mm festoon fit

What bulbs do I need for the rear number plate? I want white ones rather than the usual pearl colour, The bulb style is the same as the interior light so its not the 501 wedge that I thought it was.

What bulbs do I need for the rear number plate? I want white ones rather than the usual pearl colour, The bulb style is the same as the interior light so its not the 501 wedge that I thought it was.

they are usually 38mm festoon bulbs you get bright white ones which are better than the leds the leds ive known people to get pulled over as the light is quite poor from them

I thought they were 38mm but there 36mm on mine still a festoon fit i ordered some "6 led 36mm festoon ultra white" ones just wating for them to be delivered

I thought they were 38mm but there 36mm on mine still a festoon fit i ordered some "6 led 36mm festoon ultra white" ones just wating for them to be delivered

given how little they cost ide just order 2 36mm and 2 38mm if the 38s are too big they can be used for the interior light and bootlight

They dont turn off though on the interior lights because rather than just going off they dim why i dont no but when i had all mine blue inside with led's they never went fully off :huh:

They dont turn off though on the interior lights because rather than just going off they dim why i dont no but when i had all mine blue inside with led's they never went fully off :huh:

because leds run on such a low current the interior lights even when off are hard wired to a permenant live so theres just enough current to keep the leds lit and they will never turn off just burn out a lot quicker had many friends with diff motors complain about it till they got fed up and ripped them out

• 3 weeks later...

All done just thought id finish the thread off.

post-9491-128242152594_thumb.jpg

post-9491-128242155485_thumb.jpg

post-9491-128242160248_thumb.jpg

post-9491-128242163176_thumb.jpg

All done just thought id finish the thread off.

i have to say seeing that pic of the rear number plate that will defo get you stopped as the plates only partially readable and considering you may have to pay an mot fee to prove they were changed is it worth the risk all the other ones are fine just the plates that are too dim thoutgh i have to say standard bulbs are defo brighter than the leds

O lol right il av to change them back :( do you no of any i can get though that are led yet actually do the job because there supposed to be super brights

O lol right il av to change them back :( do you no of any i can get though that are led yet actually do the job because there supposed to be super brights

http://www.alltronix.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=113

thats the best i found but if you look on eBay there were similar ones no idea what the ones you got look like but if they are similar then try moving the bulbs a bit turning them so the beam comes out a bit more if possible

Pffffff lol bugger paying that! il just put the old ones back in i tired fiddling with the angle and that in the pics was the best i could get sod it all art!

Pffffff lol bugger paying that! il just put the old ones back in i tired fiddling with the angle and that in the pics was the best i could get sod it all art!

its up to you mate these cheap ones are cheap for a reasoin thats the proper leds with in built resistors. just dont want you to get what happened to my sis she was pulled for the rear number plate lights being ineffective she had to take it to an mot station and get them to change the bulbs then sign the form saying it had been done 47 quid in toital then take the slip to the police station

My mate got done for blue led sidelights and had to do that and for the sake of 2 £3 led's its really not worth it! put my mind at rest fitting the old ones back in anyway going to leave the others in i was just going for the modern look with superwhite bulbs etc

Next thing is hoping the parking sensors eventually blend in :ph34r: