Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated drivers seat and heated steering wheel

jsk

Strange problem on my Titanium X 125. Picked car up new from dealer last month on 20th. Drove out the delership and noticed the drivers seat heater was on full as was the heated steering wheel. Didn't think anything of it just turned them off. Since then in the four weeks this has happened another three times. Get in start the car and the drivers seat heater goes on to full heat and the steering wheel as well without me selecting them. Passengers seat does not have this problem.

Problem seems to have been evenly spaced over the four weeks. Begining to wonder if it is a number of starts related problem. Suppose I could start counting the number of starts between occurances. Anyone any suggestions. Doubt if it is worth going back to the dealer sods law it would never occur when they try it.

Just yet another thing to check before driving off.

1 Check I have opened the wing mirrors. 2. Press the drive mode button twice to select ECO mode. 3. Press Auto stop/start button to cancel that. 4. Check heated drivers seat. 5. check heated steering wheel. What happened to the good old days of gettig in the car and driving off?

Once again anyone got a similar problem or a possible solution?

5 minutes ago, jsk said:

drivers seat heater was on full as was the heated steering wheel.

I'm not familiar with your new 2023 model options and software, but on some models I believe there is an option to have the drivers seat and steering wheel turn the heating on automatically if the outside temperature is below a certain level.

If I remote start my car using the Ford app, and it is very cold outside, when I get in the car the heated seat is already on (don't have heated steering wheel 😧).

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, unofix said:

I'm not familiar with your new 2023 model options and software, but on some models I believe there is an option to have the drivers seat and steering wheel turn the heating on automatically if the outside temperature is below a certain level.

If I remote start my car using the Ford app, and it is very cold outside, when I get in the car the heated seat is already on (don't have heated steering wheel 😧).

Thanks for that I shall have a delve tomorrow. I don't think it can be temperature related in this case as it was quite warm here today. Thanks again. Will try a remote start and see what happens with that.

• Like 1

Had a little delve today and in "settings/vehicle" there is "steering wheel and seat" heading. In that you have an option of Auto or Off. Mine was selected Auto so I have altered it to Off. Hopefully I now have control of when the heated seat and steering wheel goes on, not the car. I suspect a glich in the temperature senser as yesterday when it happened the first time I started the car the seat and steering wheel didn't come on. After 10 minutes in the shop when I restarted the car they came on. Temperature couldn't have altered that much and I have started the car at much lower temperaturs and they haven't come on.

Thanks again Unofix.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club