Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pathetic horn on Mk.8

bertj
聽Share

I used the horn on my 2021 Mk.8 yesterday because of some kids in a dangerous situation on their bikes; they just laughed at the feeble sound! I can't blame them - what a useless sound on (to me) an expensive car. !'ve looked under the bonnet etc. trying to find the horn with the idea of replacing the pathetic squeaking thing! I'd be grateful if someone would give me an idea of how to access the horn and also if anyone's actually replaced it.

Thanks in advance

I think it is in the right hand side wing, behind the headlight and next to the washer bottle. From looking at the wiring diagrams it is fed straight from the battery via the horn relay and a 20A fuse. So anything that makes a noise on 12Volts and pulls less than 20A should be OK as a replacement. When we were young in the 1960s Fiamm air horns were the dog's b....cks!聽馃榿

• Like 3

Replaced mine on my 2021 Kuga with twin Fiamms from the earlier fiestas , plug and play, same connector. Can be purchased direct from Fiamm.

• Like 1

Thanks for that; I've found the horn but can't see any easy way of getting at it.聽 It might be possible to pick up the existing feed cables somewhere else and add another horn in a different place.

BTW, I doubt that fitting a pair of Fiamms and their compressor would be possible in the cramped engine compartment area of a Fiesta !聽 BTW, the musical versions have been banned in the UK for many years.聽

4 minutes ago, iantt said:

Just take the headlight out .聽

Does that make the horn sound louder ? 馃ぃ馃ぃ

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, unofix said:

Does that make the horn sound louder ? 馃ぃ馃ぃ

Yes, but you can also remove the horn then be ready to throw it at the kids on there bikes. 馃ぃ馃ぃ

• Haha 3

Thanks 鈽猴笍

1 hour ago, bertj said:

Thanks for that; I've found the horn but can't see any easy way of getting at it.聽 It might be possible to pick up the existing feed cables somewhere else and add another horn in a different place.

BTW, I doubt that fitting a pair of Fiamms and their compressor would be possible in the cramped engine compartment area of a Fiesta !聽 BTW, the musical versions have been banned in the UK for many years.聽

No compressor, just electric snail horns

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, RL123 said:

just electric snail horns

canbus.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club