Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any tips on cleaning the black plastic sills?

Rondy
聽Share

I have tried soap and water but when they dry they're just as dirty. Any tips on what to use to bring them back to black?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rondy said:

. Any tips on what to use to bring them back to black?

You could try the Amy Winehouse album!馃槂 but some more sensible suggestions here:

https://yourcar.co.uk/best-black-trim-restorer/

Depends what finish (matt/satin/gloss) you're after I guess. I used this stuff for years on cars with grey or black foil lowers such as my old Astra SRi with good results:

https://www.armorall.com/au/product/original-protectant/

20201023_00001_003~5.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I gave used Autoglym Bumper and Trim Gel with great success in previous cars.

It is a cleaner, not a coloured product and it does bring back the original colour and stays that way for a reasonably聽 long time.

No Tips but I have the same problem and I usually finish up washing them two or three times before they stay clean. I only have the problem when I shampoo the car I don't have a problem when I use a dry wash.

You can use a hot air gun to bring some more plastic oils up the surface.聽 This only works a few times before there's no longer enough oil left to bring up though.聽 I have also seen people use peanut butter as the oil in that gives a nice finish.

Personally I've usually used the Autoglym Trim gel but it's still never quite up to my standards.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips guys. I bought some stuff from Halfords this morning so If that doesn't work I will take up your tips.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

... I have also seen people use peanut butter as the oil in that gives a nice finish...

I've seen guys use Johnson Baby oil for a real shiny finish, often before a show, I wouldn't think it would last any time though. I've used Simoniz 'back to black' with success in the past...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club