Do Not Sell My Personal Information

temperature display

turbocat

hi

where is the temperature displayed on the auto air condition controls on the new ford fiesta.

does not show on the sync 3 display or the unit.it says set to your desired temperature.

no temperature displayed

thanks jim

Think it's like the olden days before temperature displays were invented, you just have to turn the knob up or down until you feel warm enough. 🙁

• Like 1

Came up top left of the Sync 3 screen in all the review videos I've seen. Could easily be mistaken for the outside temp (same font, etc) displayed top middle right.

Also boldly displayed on the screen when the temperature knob is turned. About 4 mins into this video, for instance: 

• Like 2

The Fiesta has come along way since I had my 1982 XR2 LOL

If it is still displayed on the 2023 model it will be as per the video from Roger.

screen.JPG

Are you sure you have 'Electronic Automatic Temperature Control'? The manual aircon does not have a temperature display

yes it is the automatic version,i have the active x model

which includes the automatic temperature control

thanks andrew

jim

thanks roger.i have not noticed the display in top left corner,

will double check tomorrow.is the displayed temperature

the setting temperature,or the inside car temperature.

thanks jim

there is no temperature display on the sync 3 screen,

only the outside temperature is displayed.

there is a brief temperature display on the screen

when adjusting the temperature control knob.

so how do you set the temperature on automatic

jim

"SWITCHING AUTO MODE ON AND OFF

Climate Control - Auto Mode  Press the button to switch auto mode on. Repeatedly press the button to adjust auto mode.
Note:   When you switch auto mode on, lights on the blower motor control do not illuminate to indicate the blower motor speed.
Adjust the blower motor control or air distribution control to switch auto mode off."

I've got the earlier version with the temp shown on the temperature knob but I assume the principle is the same - set the desired temperature as briefly displayed on the screen then press auto as above.
 Intrigued that the interior temperature is not otherwise displayed though, when the video reviews suggest it is. Could you post a shot of your screen if you get a chance, Jim?

On my UK MK 8 Fiesta’s with climate, outside temperature is top centre of the Sync3 screen. Cabin preset temperature is top right hand corner. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Aldridge Andy said:

outside temperature is top centre of the Sync3 screen. Cabin preset temperature is top right hand corner. 

Well that would make sense for it to be on the right of the screen on a RHD car. 👍

Perhaps you would be kind enough to share a photo of your screen with the temperature displays. It's beginning to seem that on the 2023 models the cabin temp is missing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aldridge Andy said:

On my UK MK 8 Fiesta’s with climate, outside temperature is top centre of the Sync3 screen. Cabin preset temperature is top right hand corner. 

Yes, that does make sense - all the review videos I've seen were LHD cars with the inside temperature on the left. It does seem  as if Jim's is only showing one temperature (outside) from what he says, though. Without seeing a shot of the actual screen we're a bit stuck.

It occurs to me it's top right of the Sync screen in the Puma, so you would expect the Fiesta to be the same? (My pre-facelift also has the outside temp in the middle, and inside temp to the right, like Andys.)

Photo of mine as requested.

Edited by jsk
On advice partial address on photo
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, jsk said:

Photo of mine as requested.20230222_160041.thumb.jpg.7c8ab361e38620cb00a9ac6d823dad82.jpg

So still pretty much as per my older version, then.

I much prefer having the set temperature showing on the adjusting dial as per my previous MK8, seems a much better place for it and less confusing...not sure why they changed it apart from maybe for cost.

My facelift MK8 displays as per John's photo...

I have found a way of displaying inside temperature without a fruitless troll through sync settings or the fear of messing things up in forscan.

20230225_104446.jpg

• Haha 2

Wonder if there's an element of "talking at cross purposes" in this thread?

Afaik there never was a way of displaying the actual  interior temperature (other than John's suggestion above) only the set  temperature for the climate control.

The fact that's it's not displayed on the knob wouldn't bother me as it's still shown on the top of the screen and (briefly) when you adjust it.

I set mine to my required temperature 5 years ago and haven't touched it since, anyway.

• Like 2

Glad to see you took it as a bit of a joke as was intended Roger. Like you I set a temperature and there it stays. That is until "Her who must be obeyed" decides she is cold, due to her age, and then it gets altered. It's now removed from car.

5 hours ago, jsk said:

Photo of mine as requested.

I'd crop that to remove your road personally.  Never know who's looking at a public forum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I'd crop that to remove your road personally.  Never know who's looking at a public forum.

Photo removed in total thanks

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club