Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Multiple Asthetic Issues...

AJ87

Hi FoC

Its been 5 months and 4000 miles since I got 'VO1D', was unlucky within the first month to gain sizeable a stone chip on the Ford badge on the front... I've pondered over this one and decided that at best I'm going to buy another badge and only try to fit it when I think about selling the car. First question is how horrifically difficult will it be when try to remove the badge and attach another one? I guess its all adhesive and not clipped in place?

IMG_1055_33.JPG

Next thing, very difficult to get a photo of (it looks worse than the pic :( ), is my gear knob appears to have scratching itself from the inside... as the scratch isn't on the surface, any one else had this happen? I'll add that I don't drive with my hand resting on the gear stick.

IMG_1053_33.JPG

Finally, unbelievably, my house"mate" managed this evening (whilst transporting a wheelbarrow full of twigs :blink:) to put a scratch across the front of Void, between the lights and the grill, its only actually gone through the entire of the paint in one small area but its deep enough that its reflecting the light and showing up against the otherwise shiny paintwork... any suggestions on this one, or any idea how much it'll cost to have it sorted?

IMG_1108_33.JPG

IMG_1113_33.JPG

Cheers AJ

Hi I don't think its that hard 2 remove the badge, there is a debadging section somewhere on this forum, I think dental floss or fishing wire are mentioned. :-)

Hi.. You could get a gel overlay for the badge :) I believe it will simply attach over the current one.

The gear know simply pulls off for a replacement one.

For the scratch, you could buy a touch up kit from Ford. It costs about £7 and comes with all you need.

Cheers :D

Interesting to see the damage to the badge. Mine was two to three months old when it happened to me, I was annoyed at first, but now I am just accepting it. :)

Stewart.

Yeah, When I first saw the added 'full stop' on the badge I was gutted, the car still even had new car smell at the time... Then I found a new ford badge costs about £7. So felt better.

I like the idea of the gel overlay though, since I wouldn't have to actually remove the existing badge.

Gear knob is pretty easy to replace. I swapped the one on my ZetecS for the non-illuminated leather one (about £30-£40 depending on where you get it from) and its much nicer to use and looks quite alot better too.

Failing that, I still have the original one from my car (looks to be identical to yours) which I was planning to stick on e-bay....you're more than welcome to make me an offer for it :D

if it's any comfort, my gear knob has a big scratch inside it too, was quite annoyed to start with, again, accepted it now! Lol

hope you get it sorted out duck!

:) its not just mine then... it wasn't annoying me that much but adding the damage of my housemate I thought it was finally worth a post.

coysht - I guess you have a leather interior? or does the leather gear knob not look out of place without a leather interior?

coysht - I guess you have a leather interior? or does the leather gear knob not look out of place without a leather interior?

I haven't got leather, I've got the standard interior for the Zetec S, but that does have a black leather steering wheel - the gear knob matches with that.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club