Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus owner but few issues

sarge-focus

Hello all,

Only 2 issues 

Issue 1

Hope you can help me out, I bought this car a little while ago and whilst reversing I noticed a couldn't see any light in my mirrors so I thought I'd take a look - I have noticed that the rear wiper doesn't work when I select reverse. I've checked bulb and fuses and all check out ok so that leaves me to change the switch on the gearbox. The engine is 2.0L TDCI 

I've ordered this from from ford (ouch on the price but I want to make sure its right.... Reverse Switch

I know the switch is on the top but is this a full battery and airbox out job? Also will I need to reenter a radio code (that I don't have) if I remove the battery?

Issue 2

I have an annoying rattle (like something near the central air vents (light sounding rattle) I've taken the dash storage out and radio fascia off and cant find anything rattling short of pulling the vents out I can't find it.... I can always turn my radio up but curious what it could be.

I appreciate any help you guys have

I replaced the reverse switch on a 1.6tdci a while back, from memory I did remove the air box and battery but it was a bit job.

No wiper don't work with wipers on and in reverse..... But DOES work normally I'm waiting for the switch from ford so I am hoping to do the job soon 

On 2/20/2023 at 11:57 PM, andypsp said:

does the rear wiper work when not selecting reverse ?

19 hours ago, south_bound said:

I replaced the reverse switch on a 1.6tdci a while back, from memory I did remove the air box and battery but it was a bit job.

Why was it a bit of a job 

19 hours ago, south_bound said:

I replaced mine on the 1.6 TDCI without removing the battery.  Didn't find it particularly difficult.  Just had to remove the airbox which only takes a few seconds.

Not that it helps much in this thread as the 2.0 TDCI uses a different gearbox. 

5 hours ago, sarge-focus said:

Why was it a bit of a job 

I think I meant to say it was NOT a big job, so much for not proof reading what I write!

• Haha 1

Haha excellent I'll be looking into it still waiting for ford to dispatch the part according to their website..... But I'll find it and see if it's just a case of cleaning the contacts whilst I wait 

• Like 1

Found the culprit directly under the air box and cleaned to no effect. So looks like I'm replacing it. And I tracked the rattle to the stereo controls on the wheel and reseated a loose button and rattle gone 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club