Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mondeo titanium x overheating

bradley43

I have a 2010 ford Mondeo titanium x and it's been overheating badly but I replaced the thermostat and still doing the same thing and I've purged it loads of times. 

Anyone have ideas please

• 2 weeks later...

I've replaced the water pump and still the same

Which engine?

Has the coolant been sniff tested?

Is the cabin heater hot?

Hi Bradley,

• How many miles has your engine done ?
  • What size engine do you have ?
  • Is the cooling system filled with 50% Ford coolant/antifreeze or are you just using water ?

As Tom has said above you need to test the coolant for traces of Hydrocarbons, which if found will indicate a head gasket failure or even the failure of the cylinder head.

Test kit - https://www.amazon.co.uk/RELD-Cylinder-Combusion-Universal-Motorcycles/dp/B07RS3N98V/ref=sr_1_8?crid=3H7MVRO55HIYQ&keywords=Combustion+Leak+Detector&qid=1677925983&s=automotive&sprefix=combustion+leak+detector%2Cautomotive%2C90&sr=1-8

190000 miles and 1.8 tdci and with water as it's going to be expensive to top up

You can not run the cooling system on pure water. The operating temperature of the system relies on the fact it is at least 50% Coolant/antifreeze as the boiling point is different.

You are going to need at least 3 litres of coolant. Without it you will be going round in circles trying to solve an overheating problem.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=394126189364&_sacat=0

Once you have replaced it with the correct 50% mix and then wait a couple of days and do a hydrocarbon test on the cooling system. With an engine that has covered 190,000 miles there is a very good chance of a head gasket problem.

29 minutes ago, bradley43 said:

190000 miles and 1.8 tdci and with water as it's going to be expensive to top up

Are you losing coolant or is it just getting hot on the gauge?

If you're losing coolant I'd suspect the EGR cooler at that mileage on a 1.8 TDCI.

I am loosing it but no signs where and getting hot

• 7 months later...

Any help guys my 2012 ford mondeo titanium x 2.0 diesel, the drivers door window and locking on the fob is not working, does anyone know what fuse is it and where, all other windows and locks are working,  it's like no power to drivers door or mirrors, 

1 hour ago, Anthony.L said:

the drivers door window and locking on the fob is not working, does anyone know what fuse is it and where, all other windows and locks are working,  it's like no power to drivers door or mirrors, 

Is the engine overheating ?🤔

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, unofix said:

Is the engine overheating ?🤔

No just the driver's door central locking, window, mirror and inside light, I honestly don't know if I put in the question right as I'm new on here 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club