Do Not Sell My Personal Information

focus mk4 camera install

Rickychips

Looks promising. There already pins to be inserted into the connectors! One remark, shield is external to be grounded anywhere. In wiring diagrams it goes from APIM. IMO, it is like 95% fine, will work. But, the art of signals in electronics tells, that shield should go from the main device (in this case APIM). That's how Ford designed it. I think it will be fine. This harness will save you couple of hours if the length of the cable is good for Focus MK4.

29 minutes ago, piotrmod said:

Looks promising. There already pins to be inserted into the connectors! One remark, shield is external to be grounded anywhere. In wiring diagrams it goes from APIM. IMO, it is like 95% fine, will work. But, the art of signals in electronics tells, that shield should go from the main device (in this case APIM). That's how Ford designed it. I think it will be fine. This harness will save you couple of hours if the length of the cable is good for Focus MK4.

Yeah I was think of cutting the ground hook off and adding a pin and inserting into #33 of the APIM.

I may have to shorten the whole harness to be honest as it 8 metres long. Will be too much excess wiring. I’ll add a connector too inbetween just by the headlining like you advised, incase the tailgate needs removing.

On 3/18/2023 at 10:50 AM, piotrmod said:

The white cable added to BCM, (it was the same type as one added to APIM connector):

image.thumb.png.4490601da63933acf341090e876fe58b.png

image.thumb.png.c5f5c94d5ce75d19b23e2bf674a88edb.png

What cable did you buy for the BCM? You said the LIN wire needs to be shielded, but that wire does not.

Also the wiring diagram does not suggest the LIN has to be shielded, only the Video +\-.

Please help out mate, I have everything on order, but am only confused with this type of wire used ☹️

Thanks

On 3/18/2023 at 11:41 AM, piotrmod said:

Somewhere there, just follow the right bunch of tailgate wires:

image.thumb.png.c6e5cbed0876b9d46e7aba58a990bff6.png

Ok so I’ve got to the connector, but there is no wire in #6 from either the female or male side.

any alternatives, or do I have to run to fuse 33?

8CC7794C-A2CF-4FBE-81FA-BB4A99467805.jpeg

F666A64A-BF6D-4BD2-8675-0EFBF11A8107.jpeg

There won't be any spare cables. Just use F3 in BCM, F33 is in the engine fuse box.

19 minutes ago, piotrmod said:

There won't be any spare cables. Just use F3 in BCM, F33 is in the engine fuse box.

I’ve got my dash cam in Fuse 3 which is a switched.

is there any other you would recommend? I thought you mentioned it was connected to a permanent?

Fuse 3 for the reverse camera is correct. You don't want it turned on 24 hours a day or your battery will run flat and the camera will have a short life.

Fuse 3 is live when ever the ignition is on which is what is required for the reverse camera.

1 minute ago, unofix said:

Fuse 3 for the reverse camera is correct. You don't want it turned on 24 hours a day or your battery will run flat and the camera will have a short life.

Fuse 3 is live when ever the ignition is on which is what is required for the reverse camera.

Thanks mate.

so what alternative do I have, if fuse 3 is already occupied with the dash cam?

Just connect the supply wire for the dashcam and the supply wire for the reverse camera together and they can share the same fuse tap without any problem.

8 minutes ago, unofix said:

Just connect the supply wire for the dashcam and the supply wire for the reverse camera together and they can share the same fuse tap without any problem.

Ok, brilliant!

I assume the 10amp fuse I use for the dashcam will also be ok to add the reverse camera?

You only need a MAXIMUM of a 4 Amp fuse to run both cameras. Your dashcam will use less than 1 Amp

5 hours ago, unofix said:

You only need a MAXIMUM of a 4 Amp fuse to run both cameras. Your dashcam will use less than 1 Amp

Brilliant!

thanks for the advice mate. Appreciate it 👍🏻

On 3/26/2023 at 10:57 PM, unofix said:

Ok brilliant.

Guys, does anyone have a link to get the correct female terminal pins that go in the APIM connector? 
I have some coming from china with the connector for the camera, but are taking an eternity to come.

At least for now I can get the rest of the wiring down.

Need a supplier in the UK if possible.

thanks

Ford pin number is  9U5T-14474-DA, you can find many pictures of it. I have no clue where you can find similar pins in UK.  image.thumb.png.1137e8eb0c8c6f79af26e17f1df03bf7.png

I was thinking of buying this harness and then removing the pins and cutting the wires.

Would this work? Plus I should have loads of spare pins after.

796AA9C2-EDCD-4CD9-AF2A-563C83600B2E.png

Ok guys, I’ve run into an issue.

the wire that goes to PIN 33 of the APIM, I could not for the life of me get the terminal in, so I just grounded it the old fashioned way to the body.

Now, for the LIN, PIN 59, there is already a wire in there. Am I suppose to splice into the existing wire?

On 3/18/2023 at 10:50 AM, piotrmod said:

The white cable added to BCM, (it was the same type as one added to APIM connector):

image.thumb.png.4490601da63933acf341090e876fe58b.png

image.thumb.png.c5f5c94d5ce75d19b23e2bf674a88edb.png

Ok, I’ve run into an issue.

the wire that goes to PIN 33 of the APIM, I could not for the life of me get the terminal in, so I just grounded it the old fashioned way to the body.

Now, for the LIN, PIN 59 BCM, there is already a wire in there. Am I suppose to splice into the existing wire?

Just check if it is not a mistake of "mirror view". If it is truth, it will be yellow-violet (mostly yellow with a violet line). This LIN line is exclusively for the rear camera, so just check if bu chance it is not already in C405/pin#5 ?  

Edit:

The LIN#6 is also used for "Anti-theft horn with integral battery" what ever it is. So, It might be that there is already a cable. Just check the colour and you can splice into it.

• 2 weeks later...

APIM/BCM Pins

Would these pins from Aliexpress be suitable for the apim and bcm pins?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002992074213.html?gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

I don't want to buy a full connector unless I have to.

And is it better to start wiring at the camera and work towards the front of the car or start at the front and work towards the rear - or doesn't it make any difference?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/14/2023 at 10:54 AM, Albacore said:

APIM/BCM Pins

Would these pins from Aliexpress be suitable for the apim and bcm pins?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002992074213.html?gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

I don't want to buy a full connector unless I have to.

And is it better to start wiring at the camera and work towards the front of the car or start at the front and work towards the rear - or doesn't it make any difference?

They look ok mate.

really hard to say for definite though.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks; in the end I thought I would play safe and I got a full set of female pins and a Shell off AliExpress.

Turned out it wasn't so safe  after all, as the pins did not fit the OE Shell properly - only the aftermarket Shell. not what you want to find when you've got the dash in bits!

The inner dimensions of the pins were OK but they were smaller on the outside than the OE ones. Given the situation, I had to take a chance and carry on regardless. Luckily they seem to have made contact OK.

Phew!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I just installed OEM camera into my Ford Focus MK4. I have been using the wiring for Ford Focus 2015-2018. found on aliexpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003349810069.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.17.21ef1802sLjmN3

Short story, APIM connected ok, fuse connected to F3, ground on the back of the car under a screw where GND already was connected. The problem is BCM pin 59 that seems to big to fit into the connector. I have been able to put it inside but not all the way (left about 2 mm out) but OBD was reporting error that camera was not found (works ok on Sync display) so I think that there was no contact on that PIN at all. Is BCM on Ford Focus MK3 so different from MK4? Where can I found the exact name for that pin (or purchase them)?

Kind reards,

Gabrijel

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club