Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TO SEAL OR NOT TO SEAL

turbocat

hi everyone.

my last four cars over a 12 year period i have always used a preventive tyre sealant.3 golfs over 12 year period never had a puncture,my last car audi a1 sportback 35 had one puncture (large screw)over 3 year period, owned since 10 days ago when got new fiesta active x.i believe all had TPMS systems.never had problems  with the TPMS tyre pressure readings.is anything any different with the ford TPMS system,after all ford use tyre sealant has there puncture repair kit.can anyone see any problems with putting tyre sealant in my fiesta tyres.i want to use the sealant,it works for me,but would not if it caused problems in the ford TPMS system. the sealant does say suitable with TPMS systems.never had 18 inch wheels,and low profile tyres before.

thanks

18 hours ago, turbocat said:

hi everyone.

my last four cars over a 12 year period i have always used a preventive tyre sealant.3 golfs over 12 year period never had a puncture,my last car audi a1 sportback 35 had one puncture (large screw)over 3 year period, owned since 10 days ago when got new fiesta active x.i believe all had TPMS systems.never had problems  with the TPMS tyre pressure readings.is anything any different with the ford TPMS system,after all ford use tyre sealant has there puncture repair kit.can anyone see any problems with putting tyre sealant in my fiesta tyres.i want to use the sealant,it works for me,but would not if it caused problems in the ford TPMS system. the sealant does say suitable with TPMS systems.never had 18 inch wheels,and low profile tyres before.

thanks

Don't forget that if a tyre sealant actually does a temporary 'fix' on a small puncture, AFAIK, the tyre can't be repaired in the usual way. Most tyre repairers will refuse to repair the tyre so your very expensive 18" tyre will becom scrap. I assume that your new car does not have a spare wheel so if you have a puncture you would have to use the almost useless compressor and sealant supplied with the car.

the preventive tyre seal is not a temporary fix,and is guaranteed for the life of the tyre and is soluble,so can be washed out.obviously if the tyre suffers heavy or sidewall damage,it would have to be replaced anyway.i have purchased a spare wheel.i would like to know if the sealant can cause problems with the ford sensors fitted to the wheels.i understand the ford sensors differ from most other brands.has stated only had one puncture in 12 years,and this was repaired.thanks for your input Bert

6 minutes ago, turbocat said:

the preventive tyre seal is not a temporary fix,and is guaranteed for the life of the tyre and is soluble,so can be washed out.obviously if the tyre suffers heavy or sidewall damage,it would have to be replaced anyway.i have purchased a spare wheel.i would like to know if the sealant can cause problems with the ford sensors fitted to the wheels.i understand the ford sensors differ from most other brands.has stated only had one puncture in 12 years,and this was repaired.thanks for your input Bert

1 hour ago, bertj said:

OK I've only had a very bad experience of the temporary sealant. The sealant you refer to seems to be a good idea. I assume that the spare wheel you've bought is a space saver - full size wheels won't fit in the wheel well. 

Sorry about the duplicate postings.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club