Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finance Return/Car Buyer Checks

TomsFocus

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

That was the plan, but they still insist on the owner being present at the handover, with photo ID. 

As my health issues vary from hour to hour, I can't predict when I'll be 'available' to answer to the door, let alone get outside.

If whoever's coming to collect the car if you go down that route are made aware of your health issues prior then the need for you to go outside should be zero. As the car is almost as new  once they have checked and kicked the tyres a few times you should only have to sign any relevant paperwork, hand over the keys etc and that should be it. I can't see any reason why it can't be done " on the doorstep" or even if you remain behind an almost closed door and pass the paperwork back and forth ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wino said:

If whoever's coming to collect the car if you go down that route are made aware of your health issues prior then the need for you to go outside should be zero. As the car is almost as new  once they have checked and kicked the tyres a few times you should only have to sign any relevant paperwork, hand over the keys etc and that should be it. I can't see any reason why it can't be done " on the doorstep" or even if you remain behind an almost closed door and pass the paperwork back and forth ?

It's not paperwork that's the issue, it's the need to verify the seller against the photo ID.  (Been told nothing needs to be signed on the day, though I'm pretty sure that's wrong.)

I'm hoping that it can be done on the doorstep, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm not in a fit state to answer the door for large chunks of each day.  Their delivery slots are also 4 hours long, making it even more difficult to try and plan for.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

It's not paperwork that's the issue, it's the need to verify the seller against the photo ID.  (Been told nothing needs to be signed on the day, though I'm pretty sure that's wrong.)

I'm hoping that it can be done on the doorstep, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm not in a fit state to answer the door for large chunks of each day.  Their delivery slots are also 4 hours long, making it even more difficult to try and plan for.

I'm sure someone will accommodate you Tom, if you explain your situation.

I hope you get it sorted pal

• Thanks 1

There’s a reason WBAC are as successful as they are. Often they’ll genuinely match offers from other dealers, thing they make their biggest money on is people wanting an instant bank transfer , they’ll do it but charge a fortune. Some people can’t wait the 5 days for a free transfer. Bit unethical imo . 
With Cazoo etc seems you can sell your car completely online . DVLA website might be good for info on that …. Hope your health improves soon Tom . I’m due to renew PIP , though it’s now a devolved matter. I’m no nationalist but WM are heartless on these things.. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I’m due to renew PIP , though it’s now a devolved matter. I’m no nationalist but WM are heartless on these things.. 

Good luck with it.  Hope the new Scottish system is a bit quicker than ours.  I'm still waiting for the results of my review from August 2021.  Members have had new Focus's built & delivered quicker than that lol.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club