Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anti-theft

vinodkumar

How to active the anti theft alarm in the ford fiesta 2014, My car is a key less entry. I tried to open my car without the key to check if the system is alarmed but it does not make any noise.

Thank you in advance.

Not all Ford's have factory fitted alarm systems, it depends on the country that they are made for. In the UK Ford have been fitting alarm systems to all cars for at least 20 years but that is still not the case for all countries.

Is your car fitted with double locking (dead locks) ?

Hi thank you for your replay, when i bought the car it came with immobilizer and anti theft( it is a UK ford) Am unsure how to activate the anti theft alarm. 

Am sorry what do you mean by double locking??

If you have a UK specification Ford it will have been built with "Dead Locks" which means that once the vehicle is doubled locked you can not open any door from the inside. This is to stop people smashing the window and then reaching in and using the inside door handle to open the door.

To double lock the vehicle you must press the lock button on the keyfob twice in less than 3 seconds. Once the vehicle is double locked then the alarm system will be turned on.

To test the dead locks, first put the drivers window fully down (open). Now lock the car pressing the lock button on the keyfob twice. Once the doors are double locked you can reach in through the open window and try and open the door using the inside handle, the door should remain locked.

If your vehicle has internal movement sensors (not all systems do) then reaching in through the open window will cause the alarm to operate. You can also test to see if the alarm is on when the doors are double locked by pulling the bonnet release handle.

• Like 1

Thank you, i tried the dead locks and it works. Will try to open the car without key after dead lock and see if it triggers the alarm.

And keep your keys in a metal box or special (Faraday) bag to stop relay theft:

What is Relay Theft?

Relay theft exploits a vulnerability in passive keyless entry systems, which allow drivers to open and start their cars without removing the keyless fob from their pocket.

Operating in pairs, one criminal holds a device up against the car door, amplifying the signal it broadcasts around the perimeter of the vehicle. Another stands near the front wall or porch of a home, with a device that relays the key’s signal back to his accomplice.

44 minutes ago, Tiexen said:

And keep your keys in a metal box or special (Faraday) bag to stop relay theft:

Don't rely on a Faraday Pouch.   I had two fail.

• Like 1

Entry is gained through the boot by forcing the driver's lock to unlock. Also move the obd port. Thieves took my work colleagues Fiesta this way. Gone in sixty seconds.