Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Ford seeks patent for cars that ditch you if payments missed

eddie eastwood

Ok that is worrying on the face of it - however its not an issue if you keep up with payments. So not a big deal really.

Plus only around 8% of patents registered are only ever put into production/use. 

19 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

They're just trying to stop BMW implementing it first.

That is true! If they patent it and and then sell it to BM I'm ok with that. 

I'm not actually seeing what's so new about immobilizing a vehicle automatically/remotely if payments are missed. There is at least one credit lender advertising on Smooth radio every day (have been for weeks) that they will finance your purchase of a new car even if you have a terrible credit score. They happily say in the advert that they fit a Black Box and if you don't keep up repayment then they will immobilize it !

The idea that the vehicle is somehow going to drive itself to a location is to say the least bizarre. Especially if it is locked in someones garage or has a wheel clamp fitted. Perhaps I've not got the correct idea about what they are suggesting their system will do ?

• Like 1

....and here is a video on this

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club