Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync Splash Screen

The Latman

Hey folks,

About to get myself an 18 plate GT with just over 12k on the clock, yes, Im going to say it, a car I've dreamt about for a long time.  I finally decided at age 45 (well, nearly 46) that I deserved myself one of these.  The kids are big enough that they can sit in the back without bulky seats anymore.  So why no, got as great price for my trade in and a great price on the car itself.  

I note that it has an earlier version of sync 3, rather than the current.  I was going to use the Syn3 software and upgrade to the latest Sync and Maps as I did on my Mondeo, however, and please forgive the daft question.... Will upgrading lose the cool Mustang splash screen?   If so, I will just go down the official Ford map update route and wait a week whilst the software downloads, then a couple of tanks of fuel to drive it about and upgrade the maps.  🙂

Given you put your VIN in to identify the car beforehand no you won't lose the splash screen.