Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK 2 windscreen washer jet not working.

Janner7859
聽Share

Hi

The ns windscreen washer jet has stopped working, (driver side is fine). I have done all the obvious things such as removed the pipes and made sure there are no blockages. Water squirts out of the pipe with no problem when removed from the jet. The jet isn't blocked because I ran a thin bit of wire through both sides of it, and the wire comes right through with no problem. I thought perhaps the pump wasn't supplying enough pressure to feed both of the screen washers, so I disconnected the driverside jet and blocked the pipe feeding it with a plastic plug I found. Even with all the pressure going to the ns jet, just a small trickle of water came out. 馃槙

There are two wires connected to the washer jets, so I am guessing they are heated, if that makes any difference.

Any ideas ?

If water comes out of the pipe at a good rate, it has to be the jet at fault, even if you can't see why.聽 You could always swap the OS & NS jets to double check.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

If water comes out of the pipe at a good rate, it has to be the jet at fault, even if you can't see why.聽 You could always swap the OS & NS jets to double check.

Good idea. I'll try blasting some compressed air through the pipes first, if that doesn't work I'll swap the jets over.

Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

I solved the problem with the NS washer jet.

I removed both jets,聽 and using a pipe cleaner I cleaned inside them through the water inlets.

The NS one had some black gunk inside, so I soaked them both over night in hot water with detergent. They are working fine now. 馃檪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club