Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unfamiliar Dashboard Symbols

MarkM100
聽Share

Hi all! Could anyone help with some unfamiliar symbols on my new manual Focus ST please? They appear below the centre of the left hand digital speedometer?

The first is an upward facing green foot. Looks like a "press brake pedal" but thought that was for automatics only. Also why does this come on and stay on?

Second is a downward facing yellow vehicle. Looks like an decline engine breaking warning. And why is this coming on?

Last is a green capital "Y", the upper two prongs of the Y are arrowheads. Also why does this come on and stay on for a brief period.

Any help would be most welcome please?

Thanks! 馃檪

On 11/24/2021 at 8:55 AM, TomsFocus said:

The Y shaped icon tells you you're approaching a junction, it's a suggestion to lift off the throttle.聽 The 'lightening' symbol, if it's in the same place, is an S bend, although it seems to suggest roundabouts over here.聽 (US system I think!)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MarkM100 said:

Any help would be most welcome please?..

Sorry to be a killjoy, but did your spanking brand new car not come with a suggested online link to the owners manual? LOL

43 minutes ago, unofix said:

Thanks. The junction may make sense but I was on an A road so no actual junction approaching unless it was lnked to Sat Nav? I haven't seen the S Bend symbol yet but the others are still unfamiliar. Thanks agan

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

Sorry to be a killjoy, but did your spanking brand new car not come with a suggested online link to the owners manual? LOL

It did, which of course was the first place I looked, but these symbols don't appear in the glossary of symbols

Yellow downward vehicle is probably lane guidance.聽 Is it similar to the picture on the indicator stalk?

The green pedal symbol is for the throttle, not the brake.聽 It's suggesting that you can lift off and coast up to the obstacle (s bend, junction etc) rather than having to brake at the last minute.聽 It's about saving emissions, which I'm sure is top priority for an ST driver...

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Yellow downward vehicle is probably lane guidance.聽 Is it similar to the picture on the indicator stalk?

The green pedal symbol is for the throttle, not the brake.聽 It's suggesting that you can lift off and coast up to the obstacle (s bend, junction etc) rather than having to brake at the last minute.聽 It's about saving emissions, which I'm sure is top priority for an ST driver...

Thanks very much all. I've stumbled on what the symbols are thanks to all the helpful suggestions and pointers in the right direction. It would appear that all the symbols I have been seeing are "Eco Advice" rather than warnings. As you rightly suggested, these are a top priority for a law abiding, speed limit adhering, careful ST driver, so I've now turned them off!! Thanks again all,

• Like 3

Well done. The last thing you want when running at - or above - the speed limit is to be looking down at the dash for eco advice. :laugh:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club