Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service Time

HeadShoT2009

Right it's that time of year againg service and then in for the MOT. I'm going to do oil filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, air filter,pollen/carbon filter and check my rear brakes. I dont know if there is anything that i have missed if I have can you please tell me. Anyway this is what I wanted to ask what is the best spark plug for the focus mk1 1,6 as on eurocarparts they have Bosch and denson plaugs, and are Bosch fuel and oil filters ok aswell. Lastly can anyone tell me where I can get a K&N panel air filter thanks inadvance.

P.S. Where can I take my used oil too

Right it's that time of year againg service and then in for the MOT. I'm going to do oil filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, air filter,pollen/carbon filter and check my rear brakes. I dont know if there is anything that i have missed if I have can you please tell me. Anyway this is what I wanted to ask what is the best spark plug for the focus mk1 1,6 as on eurocarparts they have bosch and denson plaugs, and are bosch fuel and oil filters ok aswell. Lastly can anyone tell me where I can get a K&N panel air filter thanks inadvance.

motorcraft plugs are ngk plugs these are the ones yo want http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=3669256 and remember to set the plug gap 1.3mm i beleive the fuel filters etc will be fine the focus likes its original plugs so stick with the ngk as for a panel filter best prices are on eBay mate or demon tweeks

Right it's that time of year againg service and then in for the MOT. I'm going to do oil filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, air filter,pollen/carbon filter and check my rear brakes. I dont know if there is anything that i have missed if I have can you please tell me. Anyway this is what I wanted to ask what is the best spark plug for the focus mk1 1,6 as on eurocarparts they have bosch and denson plaugs, and are bosch fuel and oil filters ok aswell. Lastly can anyone tell me where I can get a K&N panel air filter thanks inadvance.

from my experience in other cars and from what i have read before, its not generally worth buying a K&N filter as there is very little to be gained for the money, best sticking with factory stuff, someone might correct me though.

Is there any local car stores apart from eurocarparts that would sell the plugs and maybe tthe K&N filter as I have a thing about ordering online

Is there any local car stores apart from eurocarparts that would sell the plugs and maybe tthe K&N filter as I have a thing about ordering online

Halfords?

in cornwall we have a place called mill auto and another one called kevin coopers, not sure if they are nationwide though, there will be plenty of places that sell them though. failing that a ford dealer will be able to order them in.

The only real benefit a K&N panel filter will give you over stock is its lifetime as they reputedly last a million miles (but you have to clean them every 40000 with a cleaner kit, which is basically a bottle of spray and a bottle of oil)

If you intend keeping your car for a good few years, then it may be worth considering and even prove to be cheaper in the long run.

If you do fit one and subsequently get the car serviced at a garage, remember to tell them not to replace the air filter!

I might drive down to my local ford garage as they have a parts center(there dodge,Jag,SEAT,Nissan,land rover,hyundai,citroen,volvo all in one place and parts center for each), just dont do internet shopping as my mates mum had credit card information stole from amazon somehow and lost nearly three and a half grand and there so much hassle when tring to claim it back. I've stayed in barnstaple for 2 weeks and went down to portsmoth nearly every day its beutiful down there.

halfords?

in cornwall we have a place called mill auto and another one called kevin coopers, not sure if they are nationwide though, there will be plenty of places that sell them though. failing that a ford dealer will be able to order them in.

youll get the stuff rom Halfords they will order up the filter plugs will be on the shelf dont be tenmpted by the fancy stuff if need be go to ford for the plugs mate they are better priced than Halfords only ngk the Bosch can give slight misfires at idle for some reason ngk iridium is what you need mate

sorry that was something I was going to ask what is better a pollen filter or carbon filter also how much oil does the mk1 focus take as i was going to get this http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Ford_Focus_1.6_2001/p/Car-Parts/Service-Parts/Regular-Service/Engine-Oils/?521771431&1&34ffdcbdedc370acfdf81ffbe7866844c23d4b3a&EOLU

sorry that was something I was going to ask what is better a pollen filter or carbon filter also how much oil does the mk1 focus take as i was going to get this http://www.eurocarpa...44c23d4b3a&EOLU

pollen filter not sure why they would offer a carbon filter but there you go as for the oil i stick to the ford stuff and nothing else the magnatec is a good make but the ford stuff does the car as well if not better im sure its 4.25 litres including the filter change so 5 will be enough

the pollen filters we sell are carbon...actually classed as odour filters, the carbon is added to catch and trap outside odours

the pollen filters we sell are carbon...actually classed as odour filters, the carbon is added to catch and trap outside odours

see if they just said odour filters ide have understood should have thought carbon used to soak up smells

Can you advise if I could use Mobile 0w-40 as a top up in a MK5 fiesta

Can you advise if I could use Mobile 0w-40 as a top up in a MK5 fiesta

the recommended oil by ford is 5w30

Thanks

the recommended oil by ford is 5w30

Thanks

What is the 0w-40 used for? What vehicles I mean .Thanks

What is the 0w-40 used for? What vehicles I mean .Thanks

0w40 is usually for high performance engines.... 5w30 is what is recommended by ford so I couldnt advise on if 0w40 is suitable

Thanks

0w40 is usually for high performance engines.... 5w30 is what is recommended by ford so I couldnt advise on if 0w40 is suitable

Thanks

Thanks. Colin

Most councils will take used oil at their recycling centre.

Most councils will take used oil at their recycling centre.

0w/40 from what ive read is not suitable for the ford and should not be used

Ive rang a couple of car shops and none stock the k&n panel filters argh

Is this brand of oil alright as its cheaper than th magnetec and im short on cash its called carlube 5w30 http://www.eurocarpa...a364ff33e0&EOLU

carlubes okay to be honest i just use ford stuff and nowt else did you try eBay for some you usually get a good price on there carlube gets dirty quick

Will it last me a year as hopefully i'll be bak working(left my part time job to get a apprentiship in the motor trade but nothin has turnt up)

Will it last me a year as hopefully i'll be bak working(left my part time job to get a apprentiship in the motor trade but nothin has turnt up)

What type of grease should be used to grease the battery terminals as ive heard of people using vasalin also how much should be applied

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club