Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worth Spending A Bit Of Money On Getting More Bhp Out Of Car ?

messsi

hey, got a focus 1.6 mk2.. want too know if there any engine modifications that are actually worth getting? i dont want to spend a million quid either.. i mean iam familiar with induc kit - ive got a K&N panel filter atm. an exhausts but these are only small bhp gains an are fairly chavvy... ecu remap worht getting or anything like that ?....... or jus save for a new car...?

cheeers

hey, got a focus 1.6 mk2.. want too know if there any engine modifications that are actually worth getting? i dont want to spend a million quid either.. i mean iam familiar with induc kit - ive got a K&N panel filter atm. an exhausts but these are only small bhp gains an are fairly chavvy... ecu remap worht getting or anything like that ?....... or jus save for a new car...?

cheeers

to be honest, most of the time its not worth the money, it costs you more to get the 1.6 up to the same spec as a 1.8/2.0 than just buying one in the first place. unless you want to go crazy and fit a turbo or supercharger to it then the gains you get per pound isnt justifiable. having said that, i have only had experience with vauxhalls up until now, so whether ford had restricted their engines from factory and the power can easily be released with a few part changes i cant say, but i would doubt it.

:) okay thanks mate.. jus its my first road legal car an wanted to know whether or not its worth it! :)

:) okay thanks mate.. jus its my first road legal car an wanted to know whether or not its worth it! :)

not really as said it would be cheaper dropping a 1.8 in there the 1.6 can be done but it needs done professionally as you dont want to spennd mega money forget it a remap at 300 quid may give you between 5-10 bhp personally it wont be noticeable a bit quicker response but thats about it

What about making it lighter? i found in my 1.6 that after i fitted the leather seats it was crap really felt the extra weight.

Mike

i cant afford to buy a car with a bigger engine..atm... as the insurance is 3000 fully comp on this one....... :/

Not being funny how have you got a license at 16 mate and when i insured my 1.6 mk1 51 plate black edition i paid nearly £2250 fully comp and i was 18 and had a license a year(didnt have any no claims as i was using my dads car so i could save to buy this£

i cant afford to buy a car with a bigger engine..atm... as the insurance is 3000 fully comp on this one....... :/

Laugh you may, but there was sensible advice further up.

Buy a diesel. The 1.6TDCi can be had with 110PS, which is plenty quick enough. And the diesel is in a low insurance group, as well as getting better MPG.

Either that or just forget about power figures until you have some NCB, then buy something with the power to begin with. You'll pay less to insure an off-the-production 2.0 Focus than you would to insure yours with a 2.0 conversion. ;)

-T

Not being funny how have you got a license at 16 mate and when i insured my 1.6 mk1 51 plate black edition i paid nearly £2250 fully comp and i was 18 and had a license a year(didnt have any no claims as i was using my dads car so i could save to buy this£

okay... Quoted*** apologies................. around the 3k mark.. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if it is true that you can transfer your 1 years NCB from moped to car with, direct line insurance ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club