Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Roadside Assistance

auldreekie

I was given free Ford  roadside assistance at my last service, I already. I already had RAC Advanced cover which is due to expire this month. 

Is Ford roadside assistance similar/better to the RAC cover and would I be wasting money renewing the RAC cover? 

Anyone actually had to use Ford assistance and who do they use to come out and help? 

Thanks

It is (or at least was) AA when you call them out.

It's full at home, roadside and recovery.

You don't need RAC if you've got free Ford Assistance.

Though as I am continually pointing out to my children, it's not "free"..... it's "included"😉

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, alanfp said:

You don't need RAC if you've got free Ford Assistance.

Though as I am continually pointing out to my children, it's not "free"..... it's "included"😉

It costs the dealers about £20 plus VAT I think. 

3 hours ago, alexp999 said:

It costs the dealers about £20 plus VAT I think. 

Despite which, not all dealers participate in the SARA scheme, so if you want to be sure to get it, best to check when booking a service.

I was also told the current provider is AA.

I don't live in the UK, but I would check if the RAC offers anything in addition to just roadside assistance etc on your plan. Where I live, the national Auto Club also offers legal costs assistance/advice (with dodgy car dealers), winter tire checks, europe wide assistance, medical air rescue and access to a test and diagnostics centre at reduced rates, which are far lower than dealers etc. All for about 90 quid a year. Plus the roadside assistance is for any vehcle I am driving across, not just my main car. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club