Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Unlock in vehicle settings

Anorakmark
聽Share

Right, I'm having a dumb moment. Was going through the vehicle settings in the car. found a sub menu in the locks setting for auto unlock & it was ticked. Now I'm guessing I'm just having a senile moment but what the hell does this setting enable or disable. at what point do the doors auto unlock apart from when I press the button on the remote. Had a look in the handbook and found this, see picture, but hey I still don't get it. HELP Please, and yes I know I'm gonna get the Pee taken out of me for this one, but I'm prepared. 馃馃馃馃榾

Detailed below it states "Auto unlock, unlocks all of the doors when the following occur

The ignition is on & all the doors are closed & your vehicle is moving at a speed greater than 20 KMH, 12 MPH. ???

Your vehicle comes to a stop & you switch the ignition off or to the accessory position???

You open the driver door within 10 minutes of switching the ignition off or to the accessory position???

Why would the doors want to unlock with the vehicle speed over 20 KMH, 12 MPH. Am I missing something here.

Screenshot (30).png

It's actually only part of the options. On a UK spec car it is not normally in the vehicle menu options.

On cars that have the聽 'Auto Drive Away locking' they also have the option to Auto Unlock when you come to a stop.

On your car because it is UK spec the auto drive away locking is not available the auto unlock has little use but it will probably still work. When you are in your car start the engine and then press the button to lock all of the doors. Drive the car to at least a speed of 15 MPH and then stop and switch off. Either at that point the doors will auto unlock OR when you pull the handle on the drivers door to exit all the other doors will auto unlock.

You could use FORScan and add the missing Auto Drive Away locking option as many here on the forum have. Or if you prefer you could remove the auto unlock option again using FORScan, you will find the setting in the IPCM options.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, unofix said:

It's actually only part of the options. On a UK spec car it is not normally in the vehicle menu options.

On cars that have the聽 'Auto Drive Away locking' they also have the option to Auto Unlock when you come to a stop.

On your car because it is UK spec the auto drive away locking is not available the auto unlock has little use but it will probably still work. When you are in your car start the engine and then press the button to lock all of the doors. Drive the car to at least a speed of 15 MPH and then stop and switch off. Either at that point the doors will auto unlock OR when you pull the handle on the drivers door to exit all the other doors will auto unlock.

You could use FORScan and add the missing Auto Drive Away locking option as many here on the forum have. Or if you prefer you could remove the auto unlock option again using FORScan, you will find the setting in the IPC options.

Thanks UNOFIX, I had a play around with it as the option is ticked as active, I un checked it but to be honest found no difference at all. I have the auto unlock on the ford app, is this also connected with this.

Thanks for you sound advice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anorakmark said:

I have the auto unlock on the ford app,

The Lock / Unlock using the Ford app is independent of the Auto Unlock.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, unofix said:

You could use FORScan and add the missing Auto Drive Away locking option as many here on the forum have. Or if you prefer you could remove the auto unlock option again using FORScan, you will find the setting in the IPC options.

Thanks UNOFIX, I had a play around with it as the option is ticked as active, I un checked it but to be honest found no difference at all. I have the auto unlock on the ford app, is this also connected with this.

4 minutes ago, unofix said:

The Lock / Unlock using the Ford app is independent of the Auto Unlock.

OK, thank you for your kind help.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club